Non-"crunchy" mascara

MACaholic76

I love mascara. Ok, I'm a mascara ho. There I said it.
After testing out tons and tons of mascaras, I finally figured out what I like. I find most formulas leave my lashes hard and crunchy. I love dramatic, crazy looking lashes, but I dont like that crunchy hard feeling.
One of them is L'oreal Lash Architect - love what it does, but makes my lashes hard. Same thing with MAC Zoomlash.
Do any of you guys have a favorite mascara that makes your lashes lush, with tons of volume, drama and all that, but doesnt make them crunchy? I'd love to hear your recs so I can...buy more mascara!
Thanks!

MACATTAK

L'oreal Voluminous Mascara...doesn't seem crunch to me & it's my favorite...so is Lancome Hypnose!

MACaholic76

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
L'oreal Voluminous Mascara...doesn't seem crunch to me & it's my favorite...so is Lancome Hypnose!

Oh, yes! This is one of my favorites also. But I like the Carbon Black best! I guess I'm just looking to cheat. Hhehehe. I bought the Hypnose but never even tried it and ended up returning it. Do you find the Hypnose similar to any other L'oreal mascaras?

MACaholic76

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
maybeline xxl intense mascara!! love it!

Is this the one with the primer? One of my sisters swears by this!

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACaholic76
Oh, yes! This is one of my favorites also. But I like the Carbon Black best! I guess I'm just looking to cheat. Hhehehe. I bought the Hypnose but never even tried it and ended up returning it. Do you find the Hypnose similar to any other L'oreal mascaras?

I think it would be most similar to Carbon Black Voluminous (my favorite as well). It's really lengthening and volumizing. I also really like Too Faced Lash Injection, but I really want to try Dior Show...I've heard a lot of good things about it
smiles.gif

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACaholic76
Is this the one with the primer? One of my sisters swears by this!

yes it is the one with the primer. i don't use the primer though i just use the mascara itself. Not crunchy at all! it leaves my lashes soft and smooth! love it

SweetCheeks

I swear by Diorshow Mascara and nothing else now - it is my LOVE. I am also a mascara fanatic and nothing tops this stuff - apply very little and it goes a LONG way, doesn't make your lashes hard, in fact I have it on now and I am feeling my eyelashes and they feel feathery to me ... you can apply lots and it quickly goes to major dramatic too, and with that look may feel harder.

Kiseki

I love Lash Queen Mascara, but if you over-apply it might stiffen them up a bit, however it's my HG for dramatic, that and Yves Saint-Laurent Les Faux Cils.

COBI

I don't know if it's crunchy or not; I've never had that feeling, but my HG mascara is Kiss Me by Blinc. I originally got it at a micro-pigmentation office (perm. cosmetics), but it is available at Sephora.

It creates little tubes that surround your lashes, and last through everything (tears, sweat, etc). I don't know how it works, but I swear by it. I have a tray full of MAC mascara's that I rarely use.

archangeli

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
I don't know if it's crunchy or not; I've never had that feeling, but my HG mascara is Kiss Me by Blinc. I originally got it at a micro-pigmentation office (perm. cosmetics), but it is available at Sephora.

It creates little tubes that surround your lashes, and last through everything (tears, sweat, etc). I don't know how it works, but I swear by it. I have a tray full of MAC mascara's that I rarely use.

Kiss Me was my HG mascara until I discovered Imju's Fiberwig (you can get it at Sephora, but I just pick mine up in Hong Kong because it's cheaper
winks.gif
)

It has beeswax in it which keeps the "lash tubes" from getting "crunchy" and it layers on itself a lot better than Kiss Me does.

I love DiorShow but I can't wear it for more than 6 hours because the natural oils from my eyelids break it down and I end up with horrible raccoon eyes. Even with UDPP on my lids this happens, so I save DiorShow for nights out, when I know I'll be home soon enough to take it off! LOL
greengrin.gif

Kuuipo

I do like Maybelline XXl,but when I want my lashes to look long and really soft,like they were extensions that were long without looking like they were mascara's I use Estee Lauder's brand. I have used a number of there different brands and they never are clumpy or stiff. That's one really excellent product they have going is their mascaras.

MACaholic76

Ok, so due to the overwhelming response suggesting Maybelline XXL I went and got it today.
I used it a long time ago but can't really remember how I felt about it.
Funny thing is my MAC manager went with me to Target and she could not understand why in the world I was so excited about a Maybelline mascara. Pfff...if she only knew.
lmao.gif

msmack

hmmmm... I can't believe no one has mentioned Maybelline Full n' Soft? I love it! I also like L'Oreal Voluminous. I always have a tube of each. Never experienced any crunchiness. lol
smiles.gif

MACaholic76

Quote:
Originally Posted by .k.
how about clinque's high impact mascara?

I used this one and I am not sure what it was that didnt work - the formula or the brush. Basically I looked like I had 3 eyelashes...3 big thick lashes.

MACaholic76

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmack
hmmmm... I can't believe no one has mentioned Maybelline Full n' Soft? I love it! I also like L'Oreal Voluminous. I always have a tube of each. Never experienced any crunchiness. lol
smiles.gif

I tried this and think the problem I had is that it did not deliver the dramatic lashes I like.
smiles.gif

Latest posts