Non MA working for MAC as part-timer...is it possible?

Eire3

I was thinking about this for long time and today i finally decided to ask you some suggestion...i just think that you're the best person who can answer to this.
I already found some other members who posted a thread related to what i wanted to ask but it was not exactly my situation and i felt bad to ask my question in another member's thread (just sounds like sort of an intrusion, don't know why XD)

I know it's a stupid question and i might seem childish but, anyway...

I was hoping to get my university graduation in july but probably it will be on semptember due to some burocratic problems :)'( ) so i'll probably need to work part-time in the summer period.

I've always dreamed to work at MAC since the first time i entered the counter in my city but i've always thought that only MAs could work there.
Anyway recently i saw some threads by people who did their application even if they were not MAs so that's why i'm opening this thread...
I really don't know if i have the right qualities to do an application though so i need your suggestion...
I think i have a good knowledge of basic skincare, makeup application, colour matching topics and i have a good knowledge of MAC products (though i surely would study hard if i had the possibility to work there, i surely don't know everything sold by MAC!) and of course i do love make up and MAC (as all of you!)
I worked part time for a year and a half in a big clothes shop in a very big shopping center, so I know how to deal with the costumer (and i like it very much!) and have the mentality of the retailer, know that selling as many products as you can (without forcing the costumer though) is the most important thing. I speak good english (or at least, i think so! XD) and a little french and german and understand and speak some basic japanese (which i think is important to work in a shop in a very touristic city like Florence).

But i really don't know if MAC counters only employ MAs or also non-MAs and i don't know if they employ people part time.
Plus i never had experience in cosmetic retails...
So i'll really appreciate if some of you could answer to these questions.
Another question i have, in case the previous ones have positive answer, is: should i just go to the counter and leave my CV, saying i'd like to work for them without knowing if they're searching new employees?
I don't want to look childish, also because is the only MAC counter i can go to shop and i would feel embarassed later to go there if i think i made a bad/childish impression...I know i seem stupid but try to understand me
ssad.gif

In this case how should i write the CV? Should i write my make-up related knowledge or should i just wait for a possible interview to say these things?

Thanks very much in advance to everyone who want to answer, i would really appreciate it!
smiles.gif

rosasola1

well I asked my Manager about MAC and the people they hire and she said "Mac hires makeup artists". But, you never know, it seems to me from all the stories I have read, that chance and good timing determines being hired by mac.

jetplanesex

One of the new girls at my local counter has absolutely no make up experience and has received all of her training through MAC since being hired.

OfficerJenny

You don't need any makeup experience to work at mac. You just need to know how to apply makeup on yourself and other people, and how to sell the product.

Eire3

Thanks to all of you!

If you think that i just need to know how to apply make-up and i don't need a make-up diploma or something like that then i think i can try it...Now i just need to know if they hire people part-time and if they need new employees and then i can really think about it...

Thanks again :*!