Non obvious/too light eyeshadow highlight for NC42 & darker skins in general?

Sushi_Flower

I hate wearing a highlighter colour on my brown that is too light/frosty/shimmery. Sometimes it looks good, but it can make the look too drag queeny/over done aswell. I'd love to find a shade that does highlight but looks almost natural/subtle for my NC42 skintone.

Right now i use Bobbi Brown Champagne which is quite light and shimmery. I've tried using the matte Banana shade from Bobbi Brown but that was too flat and yellowy.

blazeno.8

If you have powder foundation that is too light, I'm sure you could use that. I know that Petrilude on Youtube usually uses an MSFN that's one shade lighter because he doesn't like unatural looking finishes on his brow.

TISH1124

Or maybe ...hop on MAC Chat and see what a MA advises for your skintone....to create the look you are going for. Hopefully you can find something that works well for you. They normally give great professional advice

Snootus0722

I love ricepaper as I highlight too.
I staring using mac prep and prime eye as a natural highlight. Lord knows you have to find some use for it, cause it SUCKS as an eye primer.

carandru

I like ricepaper, UD naked, and my NC45 concealer lol for highlighting. Anything that is about 1-2 shades lighter than my skins works really, but I almost always reach for my UD naked the most.

Sushi_Flower

Ricepaper looks too white and obvious, i want something that looks really natural but still lifts that area.

Using MSFN in a lighter shade is a good idea! I'll have to dig out mine which was too light for me anyway, lol it'll last me a lifetime as an eyeshadow highlight!

n_c

I like brule, I think its a satin...not sure, but i do love it as a highlight.

bellaconnie80

Try naked pigment
mac_haul.gif

lipshock

I like Tete-a-Tint or Soft Brown for a subtle, lighter than my skintone but not obvious highlight. =] I'm NC50.