nordstrom brush sets?

janelle811

nordstrom beauty sale- MAC brushes? r/o (Edit this post )
I was thinking about getting one of the MAC brush sets from Nordstrom's- they are only $47.00, for a set of 5 brushes.

Here are links to each set:

Pro Brush Set, which is: A luxurious set of five pro brushes for eyes, lips and face: the 168 SE, 190 SE, 194 SE, 212 SE and 252 SE featuring plum lacquered handles and gold ferrules, packaged in a colour-coordinated canvas bag with Patternmaker's exclusive repeat-circle design.

PRO: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2903544/...2377898~238431

and the 5 Basic Brush set, which is : An essential set of five basic brushes for eyes, lips and face: the 129 SE, 219 SE, 239 SE, 266 SE and 316 SE featuring luxurious green lacquered handles and gold ferrules, packaged in a colour-coordinated canvas bag with Patternmaker's exclusive repeat-diamond design.

BASIC: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2903543?...58&refcat=0%7e

Those links should work. Anyhow, I am mostly looking for which one has the better eye brushes- I currently have a basic eye shadow brush from Estee Lauder, and a liner brush from Bobbi Brown. I don't own any MAC brushes yet. Also, if you have opinions on the face brushes that come with the sets, I
would like to hear them too. I really am not concerned with the lip brushes though.

So, which set do you think is the better buy, or are they a good deal at all?

~I posted this on MUA too, but I really want to find out all of your opinions, since you guys know sooo much about MAC here!

Also, I tried posting this on here already, but it didn't seem to work the first time. So if this shows up twice, that's why
smiles.gif

user6

type.gif
I would say go with the green brushes (basic), mainly because I'm used to lancome's #12 eyeshadow brush, and i love it......and i've found that the best brushes for the eyes are the 219, 239, 242.....and the 219 and 239 are in the basic set.....that's just my opinion though, i'm sure other people would disagree with me, or maybe even agree....but, it's all up to how you decide to use them as well, you should check out the brush descriptions on the mac website to see which set you think would best suit you!!! Good luck with your decision!!
wavey.gif

ben

i think that the brush sets are both a good value.

take a look at each brush and think about how and if you could use it.
the pro set has 3 face brushes and 2 for the eye, and the other has 3 for the eye, 1 for the lip and face. if you wear foundation, cover-up and blush/bronzer on a daily basis and do not have nice brushes go for the pro set. if you put a lot of effort in the eyes and don't have to worry about the face make-up go for the other set.

i have 2 different sets of the SE brushes and i am happy with and reach for brushes from each set on a daily basis.

tiramisu

I agree w/ben. Good deal, especially if you reach for these every day. I have a SE brush set from MAC (holiday 2005) and for the everyday person, it's a great value and very good quality!

Cool Kitten

i have both sets, the second one is a must! I use 219 and 239 daily.
I only really use the 252 and the concealer brush from the first set.

janelle811

thanks for your opinions everyone!
smiles.gif

I'm pretty sure I am going to order the basic set for myself, I am excited about it now!