Nordstrom employees - how long till you heard back?

Copper_Sparkle

Yes, the saga of my new career in cosmetics continues
lmao.gif

Just curious, if you apply at Nordstrom, what is the average time to hear back once you do your online HR application?

I haven't gotten a "Sorry, we don't have any positions at this time." letter in the mail, so, could they still be looking over applications?

type.gif
I did the online application nearly 3 weeks ago if that helps as a point of reference. Thanks!

tarteheart

I put in an application several months ago, and didn't hear from either HR or MAC. The second time I applied, I gave my resume and cover letter to the asst. manager first; she said that my application wouldn't be on file any more (I think they're saved for like 60 days) and to reapply. When I applied this second time, there were no openings listed for Cosmetics, so I just put the application through Accessories and asked the manager to keep an eye out for it. After I had already gone through the entire interview process, I got a letter in the mail from HR saying that there were no openings that matched my qualifications, which I thought was funny.
winks.gif
Best thing to do would be to call the manager to follow up on your application, and bring in your resume if you haven't already.

gRiZeLda

i dont necesairly w0rk f0r mac but i do w0rk for cosmetics..and it took about 3-4 weeks.....

NikkiHorror

I applied right after Christmas and I didn't hear back until after New Year's. I expected that, though, because the store would be so busy and all. It did seem to take a really long time, though, so hang in there grrl!

FacesbyNiki

Funny store that just happened. I got that 'Sorry, but we will keep your application on file' letter in the mail YESTERDAY!! I've been with MAC, almost a month now!
rofl.gif
lmao.gif