Normal to Oily Hair

Jennifer Mcfly

So I hit the salon last night and got some work done to my hair. I've been trying to grow it out and I've hated the shape for a while...it was Dorothy Hammil meets mushroom head. So unstylish!
So I finally just went back to an inverted bob which as always been my favorite cut. The question (yeah, I'm getting to it) is I've been dying my hair since I was 15. But I recently stopped (like two years ago). I always used shampoo & conditioner for color treated hair. But now that I no longer color it and I feel it's at a point finally where all the color and chemicals are gone, I asked my hair dresser what kind of hair I have. She said I have normal with just a tad of oil. She said just enough to give my hair sheen. She was practically gushing over my hair. First time that's happened! I always thought I had coarse dry hair...
I've always used drugstore brands, but want to branch out to some more salon quality lines...any reccomendations?

Thanks loveleeeees!!!!
greengrin.gif

litlaur

I love Paul Mitchell Super Skinny. They're the best shampoo and conditioner for keeping my hair from being too big after a shower. If you don't have that problem, though, I'm not sure how well it would work for you.

Another brand I like is Biolage.

John Freida's Brilliant Brunette line. It's a drugstore brand, but it's a pretty good value for the price (I think the shampoo and conditioner are $6-7 each). I love the smell, and it leaves my hair very soft.

Dreamergirl3

I love Biolage! They have so many different formulations, for different types of hair. Try checking the website, there's tons of info there! I also love Joico K-Pak. Paul Mitchell is good, though it's hit or miss IMO. You really have to pick the right formulation for your hair. Matrix is super good, and Redken is ok but I'm not too fond of the smell.

If you're still interested in drugstore brands, Infusium 23 is really nice, but the fragrance isn't that great IMO. But if there was one drugstore brand that I love, it would have to be Dove. It's just so gentle and works wonderful on my hair. Too bad it seems like I'm one of the few that likes them LOL!
Anyway HTH!

JunkaLunk

Try Aveda products. They have all different types so you'll be sure to find one that suits your hair. I really recommend them, they're great!

tiff

I have the same kind of normal to greasy hair and use Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo which is great for me.

JunkaLunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiff
I have the same kind of normal to greasy hair and use Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo which is great for me.

I LOVE THAT SHAMPOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiff

Oh god, that just sounds like it smells amazing!!!

kimmy

i'd go with biolage or redken
winks.gif
both would keep your hair nice and healthy without taking away that gorgeous shine
greengrin.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ANTHEM
i'd go with biolage or redken
winks.gif
both would keep your hair nice and healthy without taking away that gorgeous shine
greengrin.gif

Thanks sweetie!!!
greengrin.gif

lovejam

If you can find anything from the brand Enjoy, definitely check them out. Really good quality products. My sister uses them exclusively at the salon, and she even gave me a small bottle of their shine serum stuff. It's awesome!

Also, the shampoo doesn't have sulfates, so my sister says there's no danger of it drying out your hair or anything. It is definitely very gentle, but it cleans really well.
smiles.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejam
If you can find anything from the brand Enjoy, definitely check them out. Really good quality products. My sister uses them exclusively at the salon, and she even gave me a small bottle of their shine serum stuff. It's awesome!

Also, the shampoo doesn't have sulfates, so my sister says there's no danger of it drying out your hair or anything. It is definitely very gentle, but it cleans really well.
smiles.gif

Thanks so much, I will keep my eye out for this stuff!!