Not Another Prom Makeup Thread

revinn

Yes, I know..these are popping up left and right on here, but I gotta keep the trend going. My prom is on the 23rd of June, and I'm getting my makeup done at MAC for the occasion. I'd like to go in with a rough idea, and hopefully a picture (or pictures) of the kind of look I'd like. My dress is long, sleek and bright royal blue, and I'm wearing my hair in a mutant ponytail thing with volume at the top. Black dangly earring, black sparkly flats, a black knotted bracelet, and a black leather studded clutch and the ensemble is complete. The date's in a black pinstriped tux, black shirt, black vest, and a tie and pocket square that matches my dress. I'm going for an edgy, classy..chic..sort of look. Heh. The theme of our prom is Hollywood (original, I know), so I'd like to emulate a celebrity look fo' sho'. SO, does anyone have a particular celebrity look at an event that I could consider for my prom makeup? I'm pretty open and daring when it comes to makeup, so I'll take anything!! Thanks in advance, guys
smiles.gif

Also, with the outfit described above, would you do black nails, royal blue nails, or some other color? I'm not a nail girl, so I'm quite clueless! Thanks again.

purrtykitty

Go for the blue nails! I bet the one from Naughty Nauticals would be fab. Makeup-wise...how about a shimmery champagne shadow, with a light bronze in the crease and black liquid winged eyeliner (classy winged, not Amy Winehouse) with Deep Truth over the top of the eyeliner to give it a shimmery navy look. Glowy cheeks with a hint of pink and then RED LIPS!! You'd be the hottest one there!

Nails

Your outfit sounds beautiful, please post pics!

For nails, if you have short nails, you can go bright with a blue like purrtykitty mentioned or black if you prefer with a shimmer over the top. If they're longer, avoid black because you end up looking like Morticia.