not blending properly?

sherrle

When I do my eyes I usually do a darker crease color, a lighter/brighter color on the inner lid and then a medium color to kind of blend the two together. Whenever I do this for the most part it basically ends up looking like one color. I see people's FOTD's and such on here and their colors are much more defined, yet are still blended to make it look smooth. Any suggestions on how to do this? Usually I blend with the 222 brush.

xphoxbex

i usually use my 224 brush to blend, and for my type of eyes, i kinda have to gradually build the color on, or it will all run into eachother. It also takes me a while to blend it. do you usually blend in a windshield wiper motion? That's what i usually do.

dmenchi

you can apply the colors precise with a smaller brush better and also try applying it wet where you want most inensity and then use your blendig brush with a little of the same color dry to blend them 'out'.
sometimes it's better to focus on certain spots after the all over application, this means going back with a smaller brush and precisely build intensity where desired. HTHs!

sherrle

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite
you can apply the colors precise with a smaller brush better and also try applying it wet where you want most inensity and then use your blendig brush with a little of the same color dry to blend them 'out'.
sometimes it's better to focus on certain spots after the all over application, this means going back with a smaller brush and precisely build intensity where desired. HTHs!

thanks, i think i'm gonna pick up 219. i almost got it on my last mac excursion but went with 242 instead for paint pots.

rebekah

If you're having trouble blending a trick that I use often is to grab a pigment that closely matches your shades and blend that pigment lightly wherever you wanted to blend

sherrle

i got the 219 brush yesterday. i love it, and it definately helps with the crease, i think the only thing else i need is practice.....

dmenchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrle
i got the 219 brush yesterday. i love it, and it definately helps with the crease, i think the only thing else i need is practice.....

this brush is great with the tip you have total control where you place shadow ,while using it 'sideways' allows for samll areas to be blended. good luck
smiles.gif

La Ilusion

I find I have to do much less work trying to blend if I overlap the colors a bit when I'm first applying them. This is especially helpful if the two shadows have differing finishes.