Not exactly counterfeit goods but...

Xqueeze_me

Sellers are NOT allowed to use other sellers' pictures unless they have permission from the owner themselves.

Its disgusting how some people take credit for someone's hard work.

wolfsong

You can report them for stealing photos by going to 'report this listing' at the bottom of the auction page > 'copying of your listing' > 'Someone copied text or pictures from another website...'

When the next page loads, click 'email us' and type in the appropriate info.

fattycat

Yes , it's look like Panacea's eye to me too. But she has "power seller" icon ?? I don't get it

X_SiN_X

If she's a powerseller SURELY she knows the damn rules. Why would you risk that just to avaoid taking your own pictures lol

chameleonmary

Ebay are a useless bunch of idiots. They want the item no. from panacea's store which shows that the image has been copied.

I wish it were easy to boycott ebay, I would love to have these useless customer service geeks put out of a job!

wolfsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by chameleonmary
Ebay are a useless bunch of idiots. They want the item no. from panacea's store which shows that the image has been copied.

I wish it were easy to boycott ebay, I would love to have these useless customer service geeks put out of a job!

My word, i think we could do a much better job then they are (and we are doing by the looks of it)... They get paid for doing what exactly?

rockin

I wonder if it's possible to work for ebay from home? I'd happily take on the job of removing fakes from the site (banning the sellers in the process) and dealing with people who use others' pictures and text.

wolfsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
I wonder if it's possible to work for ebay from home? I'd happily take on the job of removing fakes from the site (banning the sellers in the process) and dealing with people who use others' pictures and text.

Ebay would never allow it - to loose half its income from cosmetics? Blasphemy!
winks.gif

rockin

You have a very good point there, Wolfsong!

It's so frustrating constantly reporting these people and seeing nothing done about it.

chameleonmary

Hi guys,

Well the seller blatantly lied to me, this was her response:

"Hi Mary, I actually made those pictures myself, I used a photo of a model and altered it graphically. So I have no idea what you are talking about, I checked out this panacea person and she/he has no items for sale at the moment and has a load of negative feedbacks against him/her, so I wouldn't say this person is a reputable seller. At the end of the day, my photos were created by me, not taken from anyone. Perhaps this person took my photos, but I really don't care."

Please help me out, if this was an honest mistake I can forgive but this is blatant lying. How can I get in contact with Panacea?

chameleonmary

Here is my reply to her:

Hi there,

Several friends of Panacea81 have verified her images, in fact, the eye in the picture has been identified as her own eye by several people (Panacea likes to model pigments on her eyes).

Here is a link to her youtube page, which shows all the images eerily similar to those you claim to have made yourself: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

And this is an image from her own (reputable) ebay store: MAC Pigment eye shadow FULL SIZE ~FRENCH VIOLET~lovely on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 31-Dec-07 21:25:55 GMT)

Have a nice day.

Regards,
Mary

thelove4tequila

People stealing other's images makes me so mad. Ugh. Someone did the same thing for 2 of my photos on ebay that had my watermark and they clearly distorted the image so my watermark wouldn't show. People are real jerks sometimes.

Weasel

Quote:
Here is my reply to her:

Hi there,

Several friends of Panacea81 have verified her images, in fact, the eye in the picture has been identified as her own eye by several people (Panacea likes to model pigments on her eyes).

Here is a link to her youtube page, which shows all the images eerily similar to those you claim to have made yourself: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

And this is an image from her own (reputable) ebay store: MAC Pigment eye shadow FULL SIZE ~FRENCH VIOLET~lovely on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 31-Dec-07 21:25:55 GMT)

Have a nice day.

Regards,
Mary

haaaah that ought to get her!

what an ass, seriously, why do people do shit like this?

take a picture of your own damn eye!

rockin

Quote:
This ebay seller is taking images from panacea from ebay and youtube I am sure of it!!!

Can anyone verify this? Are they allowed to do this?

~* MAC *~ Pigment Eye Shadow * Chartreuse * NEW 2.5g - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 07-Dec-07 20:30:00 AEDST)

I just went to take another look at that auction and it says the page has moved or is no longer available. If the auction only ended on 7th December, you would normally still be able to see the listing. Hopefully this means something has been done about this seller

Unfortunately, I can't now see the seller's ID to see if they have any more listings with panacea's pictures on

Latest posts