Not good at shaping e/s...

zabbazooey

I'm having a hard time shaping e/s. I don't know if you guys could help, but on me it always looks so messy. Are there any tuts for blending and shaping eyeshadow?

cosMEtix

Have you ever watched any of Verdge's tuts? She is amazing! just type her name in at the top of search and it takes you to her u-tube videos....she's better than anyone I've seen anywhere...

entipy

Verdge IS wonderful!!
smiles.gif
Shaping and blending are things that come with time and practice. Watching people apply e/s is a great way to get tips!! However, you should be careful to pay attention to your OWN eye shape and work with it.
smiles.gif

Blending is a beast sometimes, and I still don't often get it right. When I do my crease color, I apply the color then wipe the excess shadow off my brush and blend out the edge of the color with that. When I apply my highlight color, I use some of THAT color to further blend the crease edge. As far as blending on the lid goes, I tend to overlap colors, and I blend the edges of them together gently. Often, I blend away some of the color, so I have to go back and add!
smiles.gif

liv

Try using smaller brushes for crease/corner colors. I bought a smudge brush from CVS (similar in shape to the MAC 219, if I remember correctly), and it really is indispensable for laying down crease colors precisely where I want them, and then I can go back with a fluffier blending brush if I need to.

Amaranth

Using a blending brush to apply colours makes it look awesome. I often do my lid colours first, then when I want to add a crease colour, I build it up with my 223 brush. The 223 is LE, but it is the best brush for this, IMO, though you can use any of the blending brushes (such as the 217), though the bigger they are, the harder it will probably be. You can still get intense colour this way, you just have to keep going over it with the blending brush to build it up, and it'll look soooo nice and blendy.

entipy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranth
though the bigger they are, the harder it will probably be. You can still get intense colour this way, you just have to keep going over it with the blending brush to build it up, and it'll look soooo nice and blendy.

Yes!! The 217 blends like some wonderful dream, but it's SO big... that's why I can't wait until Wednesday when I'll get my 222!!
greengrin.gif

Amaranth

Quote:
Originally Posted by entipy
Yes!! The 217 blends like some wonderful dream, but it's SO big... that's why I can't wait until Wednesday when I'll get my 222!!
greengrin.gif

Yeah, it works for some people, if they have nice big eyes, but I do not! I don't even really have a crease, so it's pretty difficult for me. I usually use my 217 to apply my highlighter, and I do it last so I can blend it into my crease colour, making it look even MORE blended (as entipy noted in her YouTube tutorial).

And FYI, I believe the 223 brush just came out with the N collection, so you may still be able to find it. It's not permanent, but they release it every now and then in different collections, and it's GREAT. Plus it has multi-toned bristles, so it looks cute at the very least, ahaha.

janwa09

Quote:
Originally Posted by entipy
Is the 223 similar to the 222?

They're both similar in length and shape but the 223 is thinner/narrower which I assume would apply e/s with more precision than the 222.

Latest posts