Not Sure If This Is The Right Forum...

Emmy84

So if it's not, I'm sorry
smiles.gif

I was in MAC on Friday and the lady that I normally buy from (She's the asst manager and we've been MAC friends for almost a year) said something and it's really bugging me. She said that I went kinda beserk for a while, cuz I'd spend $200-$300 every 3 months or so. It bugged me because, yea, I did spend a lot, but it's all paid for, no credit cards or anything. Maybe I'm just being sensative, but jeez. It's like, well, um, sorry? Maybe I'll just buy stuff online now =\ Has this happened to any of you guys?

yummy411

i've had that happen to me before.. more so cuz i would hang around the counters studying the product then only buying two items. i'd get remarks. she may feel that way because you two are buddies, but she fails to realize that between her discount and gratis product, a lot of her stuff that she gets could easily come to $200... it's your perrogative. it's easy to say don't be bothered by it, but it's what you like... buy it. people would spend $500+ for a purse...

gigglegirl

I've never had anyone say anything like that to me, but really, they need to watch some words, b/c I would prob feel a little taken aback if someone told me that. And here's a bit of backstory: I've been MAC-ing since the beginning of June-07 and have already spent more than I care to admit:

Quick rundown of my crazy MAC purchases in the time span of 2 1/2 months (!!!):
4 paint pots
1 paint tube
2 mes
1 NT brush set
19 es
5 pigments
2 tendertone pots
and a few others...doing the quick math, this is why money will be tight when school starts in Sept :holysheep: but honestly I LOVE IT!

I wouldn't take her comments to heart, you do what makes you happy and your patronage is valued at MAC even though perhaps the word choice was misguided. I don't think its hard at all to spend at least $100 a pop, especially if you're building your collection. I've done mine in SEVERAL trips of about $70-100, so you going every few months and spending $200-300 is not BERSERK!

Sorry for my rambling!

Emmy84

Oh no I totally understand. I don't know if she gets commishion (it's at Macy's) but I know they do have sales goals. Wow. Another thing, I took in my fake pigment and she's all "Are you sure it's fake?" I told her that I'd posted in here and I'd gotten replies it was. It's like, I don't want a new one, I just was interested in showing. Oh well. Maybe I was just being grouchy haha. I love my MAC stuf =]

friend_of_MAC

The question is: why does she care how much you spend? why does she have to even mention that? She could have kept that to herself; maybe it bothered her that you have money like that to spend. I don't know, women are so complexed.

friend_of_MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
I've never had anyone say anything like that to me, but really, they need to watch some words, b/c I would prob feel a little taken aback if someone told me that. And here's a bit of backstory: I've been MAC-ing since the beginning of June-07 and have already spent more than I care to admit:

Quick rundown of my crazy MAC purchases in the time span of 2 1/2 months (!!!):
4 paint pots
1 paint tube
2 mes
1 NT brush set
19 es
5 pigments
2 tendertone pots
and a few others...doing the quick math, this is why money will be tight when school starts in Sept :holysheep: but honestly I LOVE IT!

I wouldn't take her comments to heart, you do what makes you happy and your patronage is valued at MAC even though perhaps the word choice was misguided. I don't think its hard at all to spend at least $100 a pop, especially if you're building your collection. I've done mine in SEVERAL trips of about $70-100, so you going every few months and spending $200-300 is not BESERK!

Sorry for my rambling!

it's not beserk...
cutey.gif

aziajs

I've had MAs comment on how much I've spent. I remember thinking, "well, wouldn't you prefer that I come here and buy your product?" That being said, I wouldn't let it bother me. It's not that big of a deal.

VioletB

Don't worry about it.. She probably realized later that what she said was stupid. I'm kind of surprised that she would say that though! I work for Estee Lauder in Macy's and I am more than happy when people go berserk!! In fact yesterday at work this lady's total was like $300 and it was obvious she didn't want her husband to realize how much she'd spent and so I kind of leaned in and whispered the total to her and she whispered back "Good girl, I love you!!" LOL it was funny. Anyways when we have big sales like that it always makes us look good!

Anyway maybe you want to shop online now.. Only do it if mac's offering free shipping or something because it's a waste of money if you could just go down and buy it yourself.
smiles.gif

panda0410

You are not there to obligate her sales goals. Spend what you like - as little OR as much as you please and dont let the MAs push you around with comments like that. I dont know too many people who pay to be insulted.....

aziza

Why is it any of her business? She's not your financial advisor. Damn :/ That would irritate me too.

c00ki312

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
Don't worry about it.. She probably realized later that what she said was stupid. I'm kind of surprised that she would say that though! I work for Estee Lauder in Macy's and I am more than happy when people go berserk!! In fact yesterday at work this lady's total was like $300 and it was obvious she didn't want her husband to realize how much she'd spent and so I kind of leaned in and whispered the total to her and she whispered back "Good girl, I love you!!" LOL it was funny. Anyways when we have big sales like that it always makes us look good!

Anyway maybe you want to shop online now.. Only do it if mac's offering free shipping or something because it's a waste of money if you could just go down and buy it yourself.
smiles.gif

exactly! id be so pleased if a customer spent that much. i wouldnt make a stupid comment like that. they're spending money on YOUR products.

lara

I think it was just a poorly worded comment. I'm sure she didn't mean anything negative by it, it just wasn't phrased as well as it could have been.

Man, it isn't my business how much a customer spends. I'm here to enable you, not restrict you!

Iridescence

Hah! I agree with everyone on this one. Don't mind her! I had a comment by an MA once and she said, "wow, you must be getting sick of MAC" in response I replied, "are you kidding? I love MAC" and thought damn girl, if you're implying your unhappiness with your job, I'll gladly take it from you.

don't worry hun! If its a passion of yours or a hobbie feel free to express it and indulge when you can!

Dizzyray822

I've had comments like..."oh..its you again" or "your here again". But I tend to spend A LOT of money over a period of time so to me it would benefit her to befriend me because she could really rack up the sales with me, however, comments like those make me uncomfortable and i usually look for a nicer MA when I am ready to buy. Thanks. I dont know....if you are friends with her I would have joked about it, but if it really bothered you then i wouldnt let her sell you your wonderful hauls in the future.

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridescence
I had a comment by an MA once and she said, "wow, you must be getting sick of MAC" in response I replied, "are you kidding? I love MAC" and thought damn girl, if you're implying your unhappiness with your job, I'll gladly take it from you.
!

NO SHIT!!! :durrr:

sitasati

lol VioletB, I saw your other post...you'll get it don't worry =)

Emmy, don't worry. Don't let it bother you. People say stuff all the time cause they don't like to see other people happy. My mom knows how much I've spent on MAC she knows it's outrageous and she knows I know its outrageous but I love MAC! And because she's my loving dear mother ..she wants me to be happy!

macslut

"Well if you really feel that I am spending too much money here, maybe I should go to another counter and spend it. I am sure they would be happy for my business" I would never hear that comment. Geez.

claresauntie

Um... you're not really "MAC friends" 'cause that was a stupid and ugly comment.

A) Come to my counter! Unless you're a pain in the ass, I'm happy to see you as often as you want to come in (especially because you are probably fairly intelligent about the product and because you probably understand that the counter gets busy and I may not be able to give you 100% at all times- a lot of my non-MAC-fan customers don't "get" that).

B) Come to my counter and SPEND AS MUCH AS YOU WANT!
winks.gif
I am on commission, and don't mind you spending a lot. Plus I have sales goals, so your obsession is my joy! (However, just come in to browse or "only" buy a lipglass if that's what you want to do, too, 'cause it's not up to you to worry about my paycheck or goals!)

C) Come to my counter! I would love to see your counterfeit pigment sample or your ancient, rare palette you just scored on eBay or your [fill in the blank MAC oddity]. I work at MAC because I love MAC!

D) Come to my counter because I love customers who consider me a "MAC friend" rather than as a lackey who is meant to run around like a trained monkey to entertain them so they can mock me behind my back (or in front of it).

E) Come to my counter, 'cause I realize that MAC customers can, fairly easily, convert to being Bobbi customers or Smashbox customers or NARS customers or Chanel customers, so I'm not going to piss them off if I can help it.

F) Come to my counter, because I realize that your checkbook and credit card debt are not any of my damn business!