Not very rich. need advice.

greeneyegoddess

I am not a very rich person and often dont have the money to get MAC makeup. does anyone have a reccomendation as to what other brands are cheaper and better than others?? I am really frustrated with not having any money and need serious makeup help.

pumpkincat210

You could always buy on this forum, I find good deals all the time. Also check out this thread.....
http://specktra.net/f267/top-drugsto...eauties-67036/
I personally recommend Milani cosmetics. They have some really great products and they are cheap as hell!
Loreal H.I.P. is good too if you can find it when its buy one get one free. Usually at stores like walgreens or cvs.

jenjunsan

I agree with the above poster. Milani and Loreal HIP are both good drugstore brands. What type of products are you in search of? (i.e. shadow, gloss, foundation, etc)

sofabean

i would definitely go for NYX. their website is NYX Cosmetics: Simple Life, Simple Cosmetics, but you can also find nyx for cheaper on Cherry Culture Makeup Cosmetics : Bloom, Eyeko, Juice Beauty, MOR, NYX, Playboy, Splash, Sugar, Tinte and more. their round lipsticks are only $1 and they are SUPER creamy and pigmented. my order just came in today, actually
greengrin.gif
and their eye shadows i think are only $4? something like that... but they have been compared to MAC. they also have pigments for $1 on cherry culture.

aziajs

Milani, NYX and Loreal HIP are lower cost favorites as the above posters have mentioned.

kelcia

L'oreal everything is pretty awesome besides the hip line. HIP line is great for colors. Oh my gosh. I die whenever I pass by there but i'm saving up for a 'i'm going to college' mac extravaganza when i get up.
Milani does great shadows. That's about it. (I think)
Max Factor makes awesome Mascara's.
You kinda try stuff for yourself you know? and then learn from there.
I kinda go buy like 'new' stuff or nice colors that I like. =/ you never know what works for you.

stacylynne

Check out Milani, NYX, Loreal HIP & Rimmel. You don't have to have a lot of $ to pull a look together. Or check out Sally's.

Look through magazines & see what looks you like & dupe the colors with a drugstore brand.

I know a famous MUA that uses Wet & Wild Bronzer. It's the same color bronzer as Chanel. SShhhhhhhh

panda0410

Try Rimmel for eyeliners - seriously these are some of the best liners ever and even with all the MAC I have I still have have a bunch of Rimmel liners. Their lip liners are also pretty good!

purrtykitty

Check out Fyrinnae for pigments (~Fyrinnae~). They have a ton of colors and pigments are multi-purpose (eyes, cheeks, lips). Also, check out the clearance bin on here for deals on MAC stuff, too. A lot of times you can get slightly used MAC for the about same price as some drugstore brands.

MissDeViousDiVa

Try Wet N Wild, they've got great lipglosses, lipliners, and lipsticks. I also like their liquid liners because they come in cool unique colors like blue and green.

I can't vouch for anything else but there's a thread in the drugstore lines forum all about the brand getting better.

Oh and check out the drugstore lines forum on here, I've found some stuff I want to try out just from looking through there.

kimmy

wet n' wild does have some awesome liners. i really like their liquid liner, and it's only like four bucks...then the pencils are only a dollar. pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

i like milani stuff alot. when i couldn't afford mac, i used milani almost exclusively. their eyeshadows are fabulous, as are their blushes and lipsticks. their glosses aren't too shabby either.

i love l'oreal mascaras. the h.i.p line is good (i only have one of the cream eyeshadows, but i've been told the rest of the stuff is awesome) but the price is kind of its downfall. they're slightly cheaper than mac, but only by a dollar or two...

newagetomatoz

My favorite low end brands are NYX, HIP, Milani and Wet N Wild (for their liquid liners and nailpolish). And I love Maybellines mascaras and CoverGirls LashBlast. Plus, if you keep an eye on Sunday papers, a lot of drugstore makeup periodically goes on BOGO free and there are often additional coupons you can use! HTHS!

burnitdown_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
wet n' wild does have some awesome liners. i really like their liquid liner, and it's only like four bucks...then the pencils are only a dollar. pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

i like milani stuff alot. when i couldn't afford mac, i used milani almost exclusively. their eyeshadows are fabulous, as are their blushes and lipsticks. their glosses aren't too shabby either.

i love l'oreal mascaras. the h.i.p line is good (i only have one of the cream eyeshadows, but i've been told the rest of the stuff is awesome) but the price is kind of its downfall. they're slightly cheaper than mac, but only by a dollar or two...

I completely agree with you. Especially about h.i.p. I mean it is good makeup, but it's not very cheap...

BadBadGirl

At least with HIP products if you check your local drugstore flyers and keep your eye out for deals you could get 2 for 1 or buy one get one half off.

Kuuipo

Wet and Wild! Love their eyeshadows. They also make great blush, powder, lipstick, pencils, liners,etc....and no one will know. I like them way better than Revlon, Almay, L'Oreal and Covergirl.

KellyBean

Also, some good brushes (feel free to add to this list):

-Posh
-Essence of beauty (look at Target)
-Sonia Kashuk
-Coatal Scents

cupcake_x

Milani is my absolute favorite drugstore brand- and a lot of the colors look like certain MAC shades.