NOT washing your hair...

NikkiHorror

Yeah it totally did help!! I'm just so used to washing, blowdrying and styling my hair every single day that this new thing will be hard to try! I'm gonna start out with shampooing 4x a week and conditioning/treating it it in the shower every day. I really want this color to stay! (Special Effects dye is expensive!) We'll see how well my hair behaves with this new routine.

redambition

i tend to wash my hair every 2 days because it gets so oily
ssad.gif

i found that if i use a shampoo for oily hair it just makes it worsse and dries out my scalp. so i use a gentle shampoo and conditioner and do it that way. in between, if my hair is a bit greasy i wear it up!

i will have to try the conditioner only tip... it sounds like it might help save my hair.
smiles.gif

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Wont powder dry out your hair ,as it absorbs everything in its path. even the needed moisture that your scalp creates?

I wash my hair at least every 2 days, I have to, If I do'nt. its gross. ..ew.I tried the powder but it looked way obvious.

I NEVER blowdry my hair or heat stlye it.. MAYBE 2 or 3 times a year. and thats if I am going somewhere important.

Calhoune

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
Wont powder dry out your hair ,as it absorbs everything in its path. even the needed moisture that your scalp creates?

I wash my hair at least every 2 days, I have to, If I do'nt. its gross. ..ew.I tried the powder but it looked way obvious.

I NEVER blowdry my hair or heat stlye it.. MAYBE 2 or 3 times a year. and thats if I am going somewhere important.

It does, a bit, but it's still alot better then shampoo. I mostly use it when I start to get oily.
And I guess it's all in how much you use, I take a tiny bit in my hands, rub them togheter and massage my scalp. It's no way enough to dry the hair out with that amount.

Alse to the previous post, the more you wash your hair the oilier it gets, because when you take shampoo that deep cleans and use it on the scalp it removes the natural oil layer, and you start to produce more to recover. So if you wash it with shampoo very often, after a while your hair will get crazy oily. Another reason I cut back on shampoo
smiles.gif

ChynaSkye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyarorain

Alse to the previous post, the more you wash your hair the oilier it gets, because when you take shampoo that deep cleans and use it on the scalp it removes the natural oil layer, and you start to produce more to recover. So if you wash it with shampoo very often, after a while your hair will get crazy oily. Another reason I cut back on shampoo
smiles.gif

omg this is so very true... ditto

Bernadette

I can't find the Toni & Guy spray shampoo anywhere on the internet. Any suggestions anyone?
I don't really want to buy the bumble&bumble one because of the smell and they are all colored products. My hair is a bunch of colors, I just got rid of the blonde yesterday so I suppose I could use the red one all over.
I hate the smell of baby powder so that's not an option.
Help please :confused:

ilovexnerdsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
I can't find the Toni & Guy spray shampoo anywhere on the internet. Any suggestions anyone?
I don't really want to buy the bumble&bumble one because of the smell and they are all colored products. My hair is a bunch of colors, I just got rid of the blonde yesterday so I suppose I could use the red one all over.
I hate the smell of baby powder so that's not an option.
Help please :confused:

on the first page there's a link to a drugstore brand spray. i haven't tried this but i guess its worth checking out, in case you missed it!
smiles.gif

for my entire life i've washed my hair every single day. i finally just got straight tired of it and lately i've been washing it 3-4 times a week and just taking baths on the off days instead of showers. when i take baths, whats the best way to put my hair up without leaving crinkly lines? as my hair is naturally straight, i dont even own a straightener and if i got one i wouldnt want to go through the trouble to use it
ssad.gif

NikkiHorror

I can' help it, I keep washing my hair everyday. I just can't get out of the habit, oh well
ssad.gif

And to ixlovexnerds, maybe try rolling your hair into a cinnabun and sticking one bobby pin to hold it while you take yr bath?

P.s. I have naturally straight hair too, and used to think I didn't need/want a flat iron, but it has become my best friend!!! My old stylist reccommended me one and I said "I already have straight hair". She said "Well a flat iron will give you super model straight hair, plus close the hair shaft as it slides down, reducing flyaways and the like. Plus if you use a protective serum before applying the heat, it won't damage your hair as much from styling." The supermodel part is what sold me on it, lol.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiHorror
I can' help it, I keep washing my hair everyday. I just can't get out of the habit, oh well
ssad.gif

Oh man me either! I tried the conditioner thing, and it worked but I couldn't do it twice in a row, It made my hair really flat, and dull.
after that I would get in the shower .. and think about it for a while, then id be like "ahh I gotta shampooooo"

oh well
:shrug:

ilovexnerdsx

hmmm nikki. my hair is just so long. i'll experiment and hopefully find something, thanks for the suggestion!

at one point in time i did have a straightener but i honestly just didn't see enough of a difference to do it. so my brother ended up stealing my straightener, and i'm content with my hair.
smiles.gif
which is why im tempted to wash my hair every day...it looks so pretty after i wash it, and i hardly ever wear it up.

Kim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewpunk
me too - I mostly do this after the gym. First I have to dry my hair (to get the sweat out), sprinkle in some baby powder at my roots, fluffy it around with my fingers and I am good to go.

I've heard this countless times and I thought I was the only one who actually did it.

I get my hair chemically relaxed and it's naturally extremly curly and when I was little I could go a VERY long time without washing but now that I have chemicals at my roots it gets oily there and washing it with water doesn't get anything out...

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
Oh man me either! I tried the conditioner thing, and it worked but I couldn't do it twice in a row, It made my hair really flat, and dull.
after that I would get in the shower .. and think about it for a while, then id be like "ahh I gotta shampooooo"

oh well
:shrug:

i did it for the first time today! I am so happy with the result.

normally i wash my hair every second day. i let my hair go to the third day without doing anything. it was quite gross... that extra night really makes a difference.

this morning i washed it using only conditioner, and it got most of the oil out! my hair isn't as squeaky clean and as bouncy as when i use shampoo, but it's definitely presentable again, and will now give me until tomorrow night before i have to wash it.

i'm sold. i think that if i blow dry my hair after doing the conditioner thing it will turn out ok, as blowdrying it will dry it out a bit.

i think the trick is to use a light conditioner, not one that's too moisturising. for reference, i used tresemme remoisturising conditioner (the green label... it's quite light) and de lorenzo detangling spray after.

Calhoune

Bernadette, I can't help you with that >< All I can say it's that it's a white metal bottle with red text ^^; I bought it at the hair section of a mall umm It's swedish so the name won't make much difference :x

To ilovexnerdsx, I don't want to use that many pins or tie up my hair either so I just gather it on the top of my head like if I'd tie a ponytail and slide a showercap over, trying to make sure all the hair gets inside of it. This way it won't get wet, or curly because of tying it up
smiles.gif
Too much humidity isn't good for your hair either so this is one of the best ways to go when you don't want to wash your hair.