(Nouba) brushes and rant

bebeflamand

I have been on the lookout to find a couple of good brushes (long overdue). The local store only have very cheap synthetic hard ones so I went to the more upscale shop. It already started of wrong when one of the girls working there came up to help me. All I could see when I turned around was thick caked on foundation with lumps in the eyebrows...I can't help it but if I didn't need the brushes I would have just walked away. How am I supposed to take on make up advice from someone clearly not able to fix her own look?
Anyhoooo...they had Nouba brushes, which aren't exactly cheap (for me at least) but I ended up buying the number 16 and 13 brush.
The blusher brush (16) is absolutely brilliant, very soft and doesn't shed any hairs but I'm far less charmed by the eye brush (13) though. When I tried it on my hand in the shop it felt very soft, but when I tried it on my eyes it felt like I was using sandpaper on my lids. For almost € 30,- that does not make me very happy. It does however hold powder very well.
Is there a way to make a brush feel softer? Heard about using hair conditioner after washing them...
I'm considering buying brushes from etailers or ebay but find it a bit difficult not knowing what they feel like. There's no MAC store where I live for example so also difficult to distinguise real from counterfit.

I guess a good old forum search will help me on my way and if anybody knows of some hot tips I'd be very happy if you'd like to post in here.

Thanks for reading all this, got a bit frustrated and had to let it out
blush-anim-cl.gif

bebeflamand

I went back to the store and got it exchanged, they didn't want to take it back. But this same brush feels so different, much softer...so I'm happy again hehe.