Nutralish

Faun

Ok, looking for more input here
smiles.gif

This is my attempt at a more nutral look, that I did well.. yesterday. I used nothing on the bottom line at all. Just seemed more open that way to me. I'd really like to know what you all think of it, what you might change, what you might improve on. So please, any and all insite is muchly appreciated!

Can't get better iffin I don't know what I'm doin wrong
winks.gif

nutralopen.jpg

nutralclosed.jpg

Used:
Black eye liner
Black mascara
Maybelline "Sunbaked Neutrals" (the two darkest matte browns) and the lightest shimmer for the brow bone.

user79

Hi there, this is a very natural look, good job.

For some help, are you using an eyeshadow base? That can help the shadow look more vibrant and help it last longer. I'd also try to smoke it up a bit more by using a kohl liner or something and smudging it a bit with a pencil brush (or a Qtip if you don't have one) along the top and bottom lashline.

Krasevayadancer

This is a very pretty low key look. I agree, you may want to go more intense in the eyes by using a base.

Also, do you use foundation and blush?

Faun

Thank you both
smiles.gif
I really appreciate the time you spend to help me thought my makeup kinks
greengrin.gif

For a 'base' I had used berts bees chapstick. I heard of another girls idea here to use it, so tried it out. Comes in handy when you don't have anything else
smiles.gif
But apparently here I went too light on the shadow..

I do not currently have a Khol liner, I'll see if I can pick one up today and tr it out
smiles.gif
That sounds like a good idea.

I did use a foundation. I use Maybellines express makeup 3 in 1 "ivory" concealer, and Cover Girl's Simply Powder "ivory". I have rather oily skin, so I'm fairly sure it wore off by the end of the day when I had taken these pictures. Any reccomendation for a better foundation that wont leave me looking "fuzzy" with a better lasting effect, that wont also burn a hole in my pocket?

ashpardesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faun
Thank you both
smiles.gif
I really appreciate the time you spend to help me thought my makeup kinks
greengrin.gif

For a 'base' I had used berts bees chapstick. I heard of another girls idea here to use it, so tried it out. Comes in handy when you don't have anything else
smiles.gif
But apparently here I went too light on the shadow..

I do not currently have a Khol liner, I'll see if I can pick one up today and tr it out
smiles.gif
That sounds like a good idea.

I did use a foundation. I use Maybellines express makeup 3 in 1 "ivory" concealer, and Cover Girl's Simply Powder "ivory". I have rather oily skin, so I'm fairly sure it wore off by the end of the day when I had taken these pictures. Any reccomendation for a better foundation that wont leave me looking "fuzzy" with a better lasting effect, that wont also burn a hole in my pocket?

You can get amazing drug store products without breaking your wallet
smiles.gif
,try using a primer before applying your foundation,this will make your foundation to stay longer on your skin.I have the rimmels primer and I love it.
As for foundation, revlon soft flex colour stay liquid foundation, gives a very good matte finish with a good coverage( I like it more than my MAC mineralize satin finish),and always set your foundation with powder,I would recommend revlons colour stay powder and its inexpensive ,but an excellent product.

As for an e/s base,I suggest you to get loreal De-crease eye primer,Its an excellent drug store eyeshadow base.
Revlon colour stay liquid eyeliner is my fav currently,you can also try loreal HIP products,they have some amazing e/s and gel liners.
I love blushes,Blushes gives you a fresh natural look,maybelline, CG all have excellent blushes and you do not require many blushes, just get a bronzer,a pink everyday color and dark brown to contour and as for highlighting the cheek bones, which gives that dewy,glowy look,I would recommend physicians formula shimmer strips in gold..

Hope this helped!

Faun

Beautiful, thank you Ash! I'll be hitting the drugstore later today so will deffinately take this list with me and see what I can pick up!

I really had no idea what I should be looking for so yes this has deffiantely helped!
greengrin.gif

LilSphinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpardesi
You can get amazing drug store products without breaking your wallet
smiles.gif
,try using a primer before applying your foundation,this will make your foundation to stay longer on your skin.I have the rimmels primer and I love it.
As for foundation, revlon soft flex colour stay liquid foundation, gives a very good matte finish with a good coverage( I like it more than my MAC mineralize satin finish),and always set your foundation with powder,I would recommend revlons colour stay powder and its inexpensive ,but an excellent product.

As for an e/s base,I suggest you to get loreal De-crease eye primer,Its an excellent drug store eyeshadow base.
Revlon colour stay liquid eyeliner is my fav currently,you can also try loreal HIP products,they have some amazing e/s and gel liners.
I love blushes,Blushes gives you a fresh natural look,maybelline, CG all have excellent blushes and you do not require many blushes, just get a bronzer,a pink everyday color and dark brown to contour and as for highlighting the cheek bones, which gives that dewy,glowy look,I would recommend physicians formula shimmer strips in gold..

Hope this helped!

Hell, found this greatly helpful, thanks so much!
greengrin.gif
I really want to look for some of this stuff, now, too.
-What's a good tip when you're looking for a brown to use for contour? How do you go about matching it to your own skin tone? (good rule of thumb...?)

LilSphinx

I think is a really good neutral, too...though I agree with everyone else that it could be a bit darker and more dramatic looking. But for just an every day 'look', definitely nice.
smiles.gif

ashpardesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilSphinx
Hell, found this greatly helpful, thanks so much!
greengrin.gif
I really want to look for some of this stuff, now, too.
-What's a good tip when you're looking for a brown to use for contour? How do you go about matching it to your own skin tone? (good rule of thumb...?)

Glad the post helped!regarding contouring,It shld be a darker MATTE colour than your actual skin tone so that it when you contour it creates an illusion that you have a cheek bone
smiles.gif
,blending it really well helps to erase any of the sharp line you might have created.I personally use either so ceylon,mac MSF duo,Nyx taupe or mac blunt to contour.Coastal scents has a good contour and blush palette,an inexpensive way to get blushes,contour and highlighters in one single palette
smiles.gif

The brushes that you use to apply makeup makes a hell lot of difference..for inexpensive ,but excellent brushes,I would suggest sonia kashuks--->small and medium shader eye brushes, crease brush ,angle contour face brush, bronzer/blusher face brush....essence of beauty---> crease and wide shader brush duo and large powder brush.you can get sonia kashuks brushes from target and essence of beauty brushes from CVS..Another good investment for those who starting out is costco holiday set make up brushes.....Hope this helped.

blackeneddove

I use burt's bees chapstick as a base! And it works amazing for me, all my shadow is really vibrant, the only other base I've tried was my friend's Mary Kay eye primer and the chapstick worked a LOT better. If you use too much, your shadow will crease, and if you used to little it will be uneven. Apply as much as you would on your lips and blend it around with your finger. Hope that helps.

glassy girl

Ashpardes thanks girl u helped a lot and to the original poster good natural everyday look practice makes perfect thats what im here for aswell.

LilSphinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpardesi
Glad the post helped!regarding contouring,It shld be a darker MATTE colour than your actual skin tone so that it when you contour it creates an illusion that you have a cheek bone
smiles.gif
,blending it really well helps to erase any of the sharp line you might have created.I personally use either so ceylon,mac MSF duo,Nyx taupe or mac blunt to contour.Coastal scents has a good contour and blush palette,an inexpensive way to get blushes,contour and highlighters in one single palette
smiles.gif

The brushes that you use to apply makeup makes a hell lot of difference..for inexpensive ,but excellent brushes,I would suggest sonia kashuks--->small and medium shader eye brushes, crease brush ,angle contour face brush, bronzer/blusher face brush....essence of beauty---> crease and wide shader brush duo and large powder brush.you can get sonia kashuks brushes from target and essence of beauty brushes from CVS..Another good investment for those who starting out is costco holiday set make up brushes.....Hope this helped.

Fantastic, thanks again!
greengrin.gif

Faun

Thank you again Ash! I wen't out and got a couple things, mainly the eye primer and the blushes
smiles.gif
I'll have to try them out tomorrow!