NYX Bruised & MAC Vanilla Pigment

Meisje

Here's a look from the 10th of June. The pineapple necklace was a 6th wedding anniversary gift from my husband.

I really love the color of this lipstick but the formula isn't great on this color. It's thin and slides around a lot. I would like a MAC version.

Face:
Revlon ColorStay in Ivory
Palladio Face Powder
MAC Wonder Woman blush in Mighty Aphrodite (applied lightly - peach side only)

Eyes:
Mac Vanilla Pigment all over lid, on lower lashes & inner corners
MAC Omega shadow applied lightly in crease for depth & on brows
Black mascara
Generic brow pencil

Lips:
NYX Lipstick in Bruised
NYX Lipliner in Blackberry

PBunnieP

Oooh! I actually bought Bruised during the past winter but never quite had the chance (or guts for that matter) to wear it. Still sitting in my box. I love how it contrasts beautifully with your pale skin.

Aneed

I love dark plummy lips!! You have inspired me to bring out mine on the weekend :D

Meisje

Thanks, everyone!

Oooh! I actually bought Bruised during the past winter but never quite had the chance (or guts for that matter) to wear it. Still sitting in my box. I love how it contrasts beautifully with your pale skin.

It's a really nice color but you have to use a black lipliner with it/underneath it or else it's pretty much a mess to wear. It slides around and is rather thin.

Try it out! I'm really into wearing super bold lips lately --- I've worn black lips and blue lips out in the daytime.

PBunnieP

It's a really nice color but you have to use a black lipliner with it/underneath it or else it's pretty much a mess to wear. It slides around and is rather thin.

Try it out! I'm really into wearing super bold lips lately --- I've worn black lips and blue lips out in the daytime.
Black lipliner? @.@"
I've heard about that (some people just use a black eyeliner), will look into testing it in the safety of my home sometime! Do you have any tips for wearing a deep colour like Bruised without looking too gothy/vampy? I'm on the WestCoast (Vancouver) and in this end, people aren't that adventurous with their makeup on the whole.
Even wearing a colour like MAC's "Impassioned" seemed like a big deal when I went to IMATS here last year, people were estatic that I wore a bright pink lip.

Meisje

You could wear a deep berry or purple lipliner as well. NYX have a black lipliner called Blackberry that I used here.

Coincidentally, I also have a Revlon lipstick named Blackberry that's a lighter, less severe version of this lip.

I think the key to keep it from looking gothy is to make the eyes really light and bright like I did and wear a soft cheek color. The only darkness is on the lips and lashes.

Sometimes when I wear red or pink lips (like Russian Red or Girl About Town) I wear some dark liner with it, only on the upper lids, and occasionally a light gold or yellow shadow, but I always keep the eyes simple (unless I'm going for something REALLY over the top to wear out to a live music show or something).

Latest posts