NYX e/s what to buy?

summer6310

I just found out a store near my office sell NYX and I was over joy
clap.gif

I bought a green color trio for $4, plan to go back and get more, what trio palette do you like?

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer6310
I just found out a store near my office sell NYX and I was over joy
clap.gif

I bought a green color trio for $4, plan to go back and get more, what trio palette do you like?

i found a Longs at another city (30 minutes drive, i think) and the trio cost $5.99 and the singles cost $3.99. i wish it was just a little bit cheaper.

kirari

Apparently Fred's now carries NYX. I happened to randomly stop in at one in another town and found that they had quite a good selection of it.

I don't know how come Fred's are, but here in the south (of the US) they're pretty common.

Quote:

Theres two palettes that they have that I absolutely love. One is a tropical colors (A deep reddish orange color, dark yellow, and green) and the other is three different shades of deep purple.

The black, grey, and white palette was rather nice looking, too.

garnetmoon

i LOVE NYX....my absolute fav trio is the Aquamarine one...best set of blue shades i've ever found. also i'm not sure which green trio you have as there is one w/ cooler greens and one w/ bright greens and a yellowish green called Serengeti. if you don't have that one i recommend it as well.

TheRitz

i actually like the single shadows better. they are better pigmented and go on smoother. i lo0ve 24 Karet for my brow bone. right above the eyeshadow. and High Light for upper brow bone right below eyebrows. they go on sooo easily, i also bought their pigments but i havent tried them yet. ill get back to u when i try them =-]

thestarsfall

I have the tropical one, and I really really love the rust/copper/bronze one....

I am going to def buy more this summer when I have an income again...

pinkspider

Are the formulations actually different between the singles and trios? It seems a bit awkward for the company to drastically change the formations of eyeshadows just because they come in different packaging.

MiCHiE

I need to find these things cheaper.....The Fragrance Outlet in Allen, TX. charges about $8.95 for trios and 2 or 3.95 for singles..Hopefully, they're cheaper in Gonzales, LA. when I go back home. I went back for singles today and they were doing inventory....so off to the CCO I went.

NAS216

The quality of NYX e/s definitely varies between the trios & the singles, but I haven't a clue why. The trios are chalkier & more powdery than the singles, which have fantastic texture & color pay-off. For a d/s brand, the quality of the trio shadows is still really good (plus the color combos are well-coordinated)- but the singles are superior to any other d/s shadows, IMO, even Milani.

For singles, try Iced Mocha, Champagne, Flamingo, Beanie & Root Beer. The matte white & black are good, too, if you need them.

For trios, I like the one w/ Cotton Candy, Spring Flower, & Baby Pink and the one w/ Purple, Deep Purple & Prune.

NYX blushes (cream & powder) & nail polish are excellent bargains, too.

mac-cakes

yay for NYX.. I love their powder pigments.. and their shadows.. I don't have any trios though
ssad.gif
thanks for letting me know about the quality

Judymomocoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitz
i actually like the single shadows better. they are better pigmented and go on smoother. i lo0ve 24 Karet for my brow bone. right above the eyeshadow. and High Light for upper brow bone right below eyebrows. they go on sooo easily, i also bought their pigments but i havent tried them yet. ill get back to u when i try them =-]

shot! i thought they're the same, i got the trio because it' cheaper, i wil go back to try the single e/s since my local ulta store just start carries them

liza0183

I am soo buying the singles then after reading this thread I was having a heck of a time at Longs to see if I should buy the trio or single. My Longs though have very limited colors it sucks guess I need to buy online

LaChinita

I got Cherry/Cool blue/Hot Pink and Spring Leaf/Lime Green/Green Tea.

I like the green trio better than the pink one. Cool blue seemed to disappear on my skin...but maybe I just need a better base for it to stick.

As for singles, I have Rust, Walnut, Black, White Pearl, and Violet. My favorite is Violet, of course. It's so pigmented and so smooth! Plus, people for some reason think it's MAC!
smiles.gif

Karen_B

I have 2 trios and some singles, and honestly I can't really tell any difference in quality between them. Anyhow, I really like Walnut Bronze - it's a nice dupe for MAC's Twinks. Eggplant is also really nice. If you can get your hands on the Doll Eyes mascara, I'd definitely recommend that as well.