Nyx jumbo eye pencil in milk

hollied3

Hi everyone, I have a question about the nyx jumbo eye pencil in milk. It does not make my shadows pop at all, as a matter of fact it due them. I have tried it under MAC,Urban Decay and Nyx I have also used less of the pencil and I've tried using more. I have also put it over UD Primer and have tried it w/o primer! When I use it its very hard to spread and blend over my lids. What am I doing wrong?? Please help , so many people have raved about it. And I've also watched tutorials on it. My skin is combination and my lids are not oily, prob a little dry if anything. My skin is med colored and although I am tan, I have seen videos of people much darker than me use it with no problem. What am I doing wrong? Thanks a bunch

Meisje

Perhaps the one you have is a one-off bad one? I have it and it makes things pop (and is quite creamy).

hollied3

Thanks a bunch, I would've never thought of that! For the price it's worth buying another one. But.. After some more research I saw the cottage cheese one too. Which one do you think would work best? Thanks again!!

EllenAim

It works perfect for me, you just have to blend it well because it is quite hard to apply :/

hollied3

Thank you! I did buy another one and I think the first one must of cane from a bad bunch becaise the new one works perfectly!! And thank you for the blending tip :)

Britneyc07

I have it and it works as well. It could be the pencil like she mentioned above or the pigment of the eyeshadows your using. Also try to see if you can sort of pat your eyeshadow on over it instead of brushing it or rubbing it on.

Taren Kamilah

Quote:Originally Posted by hollied3

Hi everyone,
I have a question about the nyx jumbo eye pencil in milk. It does not make my shadows pop at all, as a matter of fact it due them. I have tried it under MAC,Urban Decay and Nyx I have also used less of the pencil and I've tried using more. I have also put it over UD Primer and have tried it w/o primer! When I use it its very hard to spread and blend over my lids. What am I doing wrong?? Please help , so many people have raved about it. And I've also watched tutorials on it. My skin is combination and my lids are not oily, prob a little dry if anything. My skin is med colored and although I am tan, I have seen videos of people much darker than me use it with no problem. What am I doing wrong? Thanks a bunch

I rarely use the Milk pencil unless its a light colored eyeshadow. What I do is whatever color eyeshadow I use, I match the pencil with the eyeshadow for instance if I'm wearing purple then I'll use the purple pencil. And that really helps my eyeshadow to pop!!! The milk pencil doesnt really do anything for me. :eek:) I hope this helps.

Taren Kamilah

Aww :-(...it works great for me. I also use LA Colors and Ruby Kisses jumbo pencils also. Oh and that's with primer too.

hollied3

I'll have to Pick up the colored ones too. Maybe I'll just a few of the colors I wear the most but here another question. This may sound stupid but what if I'm doing 2 or 3 different colors on my eyes say a gold in the inner 1/2 a purple on the outer 1/2 and another color on the crease, do I buy all 3 pencils to go under the eyeshadow? Thanks you guys

Taren Kamilah

I'll have to Pick up the colored ones too. Maybe I'll just a few of the colors I wear the most but here another question. This may sound stupid but what if I'm doing 2 or 3 different colors on my eyes say a gold in the inner 1/2 a purple on the outer 1/2 and another color on the crease, do I buy all 3 pencils to go under the eyeshadow? Thanks you guys
That's not a stupid question . To answer yep whatever eyeshadow I'm wearing I match the pencil. So if I'm wearing a teal smokey eye I'd use the teal & black pencils. N if I wanted purple under my eyes I'd use a purple. But what u explained you'd only need the main colors.

hollied3

Thank you so much!! It's starting to make sense now. I'm definitely a makeup junkie. I'd love to go back to school to be a MUA. I work full time 2nd shift with teenagers in the house and I'm not sure it would fit into my schedule. Is there places I can go to learn how to apply my own makeup, all different ways like a pro? I'll have to google it!

Shaquille

@hollied3 YouTube :) totally free, you can re-visit anytime you need to, you can decide yourself which techniques would work for you.. The only drawback is your questions aren't always answered. Just wondering, does this crease on anyone here? Is there a way to apply it to minimize the creasing? I really love this product but I get turned off by that. I guess my eyelid must be oily.. Also I have hooded eyelids. I did try to use painterly with it once and it seemed to work okay. I don't want to have to use any expensive products underneath it though, kinda doesn't serve the purpose. Thank you!

shellygrrl

Staff member
It creases if I don't use a primer underneath. But then, everything creases on me right away if I don't use primer underneath. (Low-set brow, semi-hooded oily lids.) NYX's HD eyeshadow primer isn't bad, nor is it super expensive.

MissTT

I haven't been impressed by this pencil either. It creases and makes my shadow patchy and diluted. By the time i try to blend it out I might as well just use one of my primers since they leave a whitish cast and give life to my shadows.

ARmakeupjunkie

I have been using Rocky Mountain & Black Bean and they both crease on me. The black one starts to crease within 10 minutes of applying and I always use a primer first. Good to know I'm not the only one that has this problem.