NYX or MAC

masad

okay..i am CONFUSEDDDDDD!!! cant choose.. i dont want any other brand than these!.. i know MAC tops the list but NYX reviews are great and affordable price!!

i will buy a bronzer from MAC for sure!! but i am confused about e/s and shade sticks and liner and fluidlines

helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!! please!!
i can afford MAC also, but i can buy like 5 items in total!! including bronzer!!
but for the same amount of money i can buy NYX trios with some pigments, shade sticks and maybe a line or two!!

i kind of need the money also.. but i need the colors as they are must have colors like Purple,greens, blue!! right now i dont have these colors with me(not MAC or NYX)

so tell me, what to do :-s

Fairybelle

I would purchase skintone specific items (foundation, powder, concealer) from MAC...color items are fine from NYX. Splurge on brushes and your base makeup (MAC) and you can save money on color items. Just my two cents.

MACATTAK

I agree with the above. I would buy a good foundation/powder from Mac & the rest I would buy from NYX. You are going to be able to get twice, if not three times (probably even more) the amount of makeup from NYX then you would from Mac. NYX jumbo pencils work just as good as shadesticks (make sure to use a base, because they crease on me), and their shadows are amazing & so silky!

belldandy13

i agree with the 2 ladies above, but i also heard that the NYX trios aren't as good as the individual NYX shadows. this is just what i've heard though! i have the single ones (never tried the trios) and i love em.

masad

i bought NYX stuff!! and its good
the trios are amazingggg!! i love all the stuff!!
i am going again to buy their pigments!!
greengrin.gif

Ode to Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
NYX jumbo pencils work just as good as shadesticks (make sure to use a base, because they crease on me)

what does that mean? is it like a base or primer that holds the e/s on your lid or what use does a shadestick have?

pahblov

I definately agree that the trios aren't as pigmented as the singles. Also, I have a NYX bronzer, and I LOVE it. It's huuuge, and will last me forever.

newagetomatoz

I agree with those above with spending the money on the face/base porducts from MAC. As a general rule, the more you pay for foundation and concealer, the closer it is to matching you skin. But definately on the NYX shadows! I have several and I love them! If it wasn't for that fact that I know that they are NYX, I would swear they are MAC!

bumblebees24

I'm a fan of the NYX single eyeshadows. They have good pigmentation and is much cheaper than MAC. Their blushes are also good but I find not as smooth as MAC beauty powder blushes. If you're on a budget, NYX is a great brand to look into.

kdd2411

I love MAC, but NYX is a great cheaper alternative for items you don't want to splurge on.

GLAMORandGORE

nyx has many mac dupes that work&look almost exactly the same. mac doesn't have very good skin products imo, so maybe you should look around elsewhere for that. as for colors, nyx is awesome and you can always mix the colors together as well.

jazmatazz

If I were you I'd go for NYX and if you want to branch out into MAC later go for it. NYX has great products and a lot of bang for your buck! From NYX I especially like the Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils, and Lipglosses. My sister loves the eyeshadows. I agree with other commenters the single eyeshadows seem to be more highly pigmented but if you don't mind packing it on the trios are good too.

MAC fluidline are long lasting and waterproof. A less expensive option is the Wet N Wild gel liner, that is great too! (I would get a different brush than the one it comes with though, sonia kashuk bent eyeliner brush from target is awesome and around 6 bucks)

Happy makeup hunting
winks.gif

Meisje

I have the NYX trio in Rust/Golden/Walnut. It's fabulously pigmented and smooth, and Rust is a great dupe for MAC Cranberry.

I can't speak to the quality of the singles because I don't own any, but the trio I bought is fantastic.

berryLOVE

I have NYX palettes and I NEVER use them. I always reach for my MAC palettes.

I feel the NYX palettes aren't very pigmented so I don't bother with them and their singles ones are way too powdery.

Lebellabeauty

I like a lot of MAC items but to be honest I've found cheaper makeup items from other brands that actually work a lot better at least for me. I don't really agree with what the one girl said about if you pay more for a foundation, you will find a better match. I've bought MAC foundations and concealers before and none of them really matched my skin. I like MAC shadows (don't ever buy purple haze though) and I do love their blushes and bronzers but NYX does have really good shadows and blushes for the most part. If you want some cheaper shadows then buy from coastal scents. Their hot pots are amazing. I bought a purple, orange and hot pink and all 3 shadows are fantastic! Super bright pigmented colors and they last seriously all day for me when I use a primer. The purple I bought I will say beats any purple shadow I have ever bought!

DarkGlamourXO

NYX is worth it for lipstick to me. You can buy every shade u need for super cheap and the quality is still really good. I haven't really gotten into their other products like shadow or blush.

JM3535

I can tell you this: DO NOT get the NYX trios! They suck imo. Get the single e/s. They are much smoother and have a lot more pigment to them.

Latest posts