Obama Supporters...

~LadyLocks~

Seen this on myspace. Thought I'd share.

For those​ who norma​lly vote '​Strai​ght Democ​ratic​'​,​ pleas​e pay close​ atten​tion!​!​!​!​

I was infor​med this weeke​nd by a group​ of Obama​ volun​teers​ that when votin​g for the presi​denti​al candi​date this Novem​ber,​ you have to make sure you punch​ Barac​k'​s name first​,​ then proce​ed to punch​ '​Strai​ght Democ​ratic​'​ or else the vote for the presi​dent won'​t count​.​ I'm not sure if any of you are aware​ of this,​ but we know they won'​t tell us this at the poles​.​ Pleas​e make sure you infor​m other​s.

*Stargazer*

First off, check your state's website to see what the ballots will look like. This is not applicable in many states.

Second, I don't understand this.

Who the hell starts randomly punching a ballot? Do people not read the instructions?

I feel no sympathy for people who are too stupid to read and "disenfranchise" themselves.

This is also not particular to Democrats. If, in North Carolina, where this specific information is correct, you do this on the Republican side, your vote for President also won't count BECAUSE YOU WON'T HAVE VOTED FOR A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stargazer*
First off, check your state's website to see what the ballots will look like. This is not applicable in many states.

Second, I don't understand this.

Who the hell starts randomly punching a ballot? Do people not read the instructions?

I feel no sympathy for people who are too stupid to read and "disenfranchise" themselves.

This is also not particular to Democrats. If, in North Carolina, where this specific information is correct, you do this on the Republican side, your vote for President also won't count BECAUSE YOU WON'T HAVE VOTED FOR A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE.

Why is it that people have to be considered STUPID, if they just don't know????
I am sure she was not looking for sympathy for voters just trying to be helpful. There are 1st time voters out there that I am sure this information is helpful for no matter what party they support. Or maybe the hostility is coming from her mentioning the name Obama...which she has the freedom to do on this board just like anyone else.
Yes, this is the case in Texas...the ballots did change this year...You NORMALLY can vote straight Democrat or straight Republican and it would include the Presidential candidate of that party as well. This year you must select the Presidential candidate of your choice 1st then you can select straight democrat or republic ticket, or you can individually select each candidate of choice if you are an independent voter like I am who vote from both parties depending on the candidate running.
The backlash and snide remarks members get on here merely for supporting a particular candidate is really ridiculous IMHO. God, I never thought I would say this to people because it is completely out of my character, But lighten the F* up already! If you don't like the thread...skip over it...But she has a right to post just like anyone else and the subject line does not have to meet anyones particular approval.

Added:
I agree...Know the the voting rules for your individual state it is very important for those who are new at the whole voting process and for those who are just not as informed.....Ask questions, Ask, Ask, Ask...The people at the polls are there to give you the correct and informed information..If you don't trust the info you get...ask someone else whom you know has the correct answers.
The ONLY stupid question is the one that you don't ask.

*Stargazer*

She's posted incorrect and incomplete information. That's my only complaint. I don't care who she's voting for.

And sorry, but filling out ANY form without reading it IS stupid.

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Why is it that people have to be considered STUPID, if they just don't know????

heart2.gif
heart.gif
bigheart.gif

punk_.gif

Sorry Tish, for not quoting it all...your Words are GREAT!

( & yes, you *do* give me a run for my money
on the length of some of your posts)
winks.gif

Quote:
The ONLY stupid question is the one that you don't ask.

cheerleader.gif
encore.gif

(I think it's time for another glass of Burgundy Wine now. I need to chill from all the battles of the past few Days.)
smiles.gif
winks.gif

HeartVibes,
cherylFaith

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LadyLocks~
Seen this on myspace. Thought I'd share.

For those​ who norma​lly vote '​Strai​ght Democ​ratic​'​,​ pleas​e pay close​ atten​tion!​!​!​!​

I was infor​med this weeke​nd by a group​ of Obama​ volun​teers​ that when votin​g for the presi​denti​al candi​date this Novem​ber,​ you have to make sure you punch​ Barac​k'​s name first​,​ then proce​ed to punc
h...

Thank you so so so so much for this
incredibly important piece of information.
I get amazingly nervous over crucial things sometimes,
& I could just imagine making a mistake like this....

Here is one error I would regret with my complete Heart & Soul.
Thank You.
bouquet.gif

xxxxCherylFaithxxxx

Beauty Mark

While the reply may have been abrasive, I think it's always important to read what you're signing or how to use a form. It sounds maybe kind of silly, but when you're doing something important (I've had friends sign things without reading the fine print), it's always better to take the extra few minutes to confirm you get it.

Also, if you're a first time voter and you're voting absentee, please request your ballot now! Those things are a pain to get, as I'm sure you can imagine.

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
... I think it's always important to read what you're signing or how to use a form. It sounds maybe kind of silly, but when you're doing something important (I've had friends sign things without reading the fine print), it's always better to take the extra few minutes to confirm you get it.

It doesn't "sound silly" at all. I always read the fine print, (to the irritation & frustration of school administrators, etc.) but once in awhile, as in when I feel very nervous, I have missed *something*...Certain pieces of information...we cannot afford to miss.

Quote:
Also, if you're a first time voter and you're voting absentee, please request your ballot now! Those things are a pain to get, as I'm sure you can imagine.

Oh....I hope it isn't too late for anyone.

Absentee ballots...OMGoddess! in 2004, I was living in the UK. I sent my ballot application in plenty of time, but I never received my absentee ballot!
At least I couldn't possibly mess up (like not read the fine print or something) & vote for the candidate I would never have chosen. But I didn't get a vote, & i felt sad, even though I didn't have the best feelings for the Democratic candidate...maybe I simply didn't know enough.

But I know more now,
&

I truly believe, on November 4th (9 Days from now!) I will be doing one of the most valuable actions I have ever been able to do.
I will be *sure* to read the fine print.
smiles.gif

xxCherylFaithxx

lafemmenoir

[QUOTE And sorry, but filling out ANY form without reading it IS stupid.[/quote]

That may be why the nation has a financial/housing crisis. I guess baristers/attorneys can take "adhesion contracts" out of their studies so that people who either a) don't read or understand the fine print or b) get confused by legalese cannot be held accountable because people who sign anything they have not read THOROUGHLY are dumb. How many people have read absolutely EVERY word of every thing they ever signed raise your hand.
specktra_rocks.gif

To the OP some of us comprehend you are attempting to help thanks. No I don't care who anyone votes for, I truly don't. Once again
specktra_rocks.gif

Beauty Mark

Quote:
It doesn't "sound silly" at all. I always read the fine print, (to the irritation & frustration of school administrators, etc.) but once in awhile, as in when I feel very nervous, I have missed *something*...Certain pieces of information...we cannot afford to miss.

Quite a few people think it's pointless to always read the fine print, because someone assures them that it's a formality or that it's like every other fine print. I think reading it yourself is the best way to determine that.

Latest posts