Offered an interview for permanent position @ MAC!

PrettyDolledUp

I received a message to meet with the Counter Manager today at 2pm, because they have an opening for a permanent position at the counter that I freelance for at MAC.

They are offering a 15 hour/week position Fri-Sun, but unfortunately, because of my availability, I had to turn down the interview to meet with the MRO.
ssad.gif
Also, if I was to take the position, I would be taking a huge pay cut, just because it's only 15 hours per week, compared to my current job right now, which is 36.5 hours per week. And I would also have to commute to the counter, which is approx. 45 mins away from home.

I was so sad and disappointed that I wasn't able to meet with the MRO. I asked the CM to let me know when there is an opening for a permanent position if it's at least 25-30 hours week.
yes.gif

I'm currently a freelance employee with MAC, so at least I'm still a freelancer/on call. But just at the moment, the timing and my availability just doesn't fit with the permanent position they are trying to fill.

Although, I will be having my very first freelance job on August 30th and 31st!!!! The CM is scheduling me for those dates with the new launch of Cherry Culture (or something like that). So I'm really excited for that! So right now, the best position for me with MAC is Freelance, since it's the most flexible at the moment, because I do work a regular 8-5, M-F job, and with freelance, i'm able to choose my own hours...hehe.

So yeah...I'm kinda bummed out, but again, I'm glad I'm still a MAC Freelancer.
thmbup.gif

Nepenthe

It sounds like you made the right decision for you. From how you describe it, the freelance sounds like a better fit at present. Perm is nice, but not at the expense of your income - on top of a lengthy commute.

Latest posts