Oil Absorbing/Mattifying Powders

nics1972

Besides the oil absorbing sheets, what do you guys recommend for oil absorbing/mattifying powders ?
I would really like a pressed compact form, but am open to tryng loose ones too.. any brands.. drugstore/department stores/mineral..
What is your take on these ?

TIA for all your inputs. All you ladies are always so helpful !!

Hugs
Nicole

MAC_Pixie04

I'd say your best bet is to use blotting linens. With blotting powders, you're putting more product on the face, which worsens the condition. Blotting linens actually take excess oil from product off of your face and you throw it away; by putting a powder over it, you're actually just sealing it in.

However if you absolutely have to have a powder, my suggestion is LORAC Touch Up compact powder, they're very very sheer and lightweight and don't clog pores.

angeliquea~+

Its not a powder but I've been using YSL matt touch... its a mattifying primer, not sure how it works (and I'm not sure I really want to know, either :S ) but it stops my skin from going greasy during the day.

HTH!

blindpassion

I use MAC blot pressed powder to get rid of daily oil while I'm out and about. It goes on invisible and doesn't feel heavy on your skin. I don't like putting on layers of powders and foundations, and with this blot powder it doesn't feel like I've even put powder on. It gets rid of the shine and the oil on your face, fantastic product I highly recommend it. It comes in a compact with a mirror, perfect for going out.

claresauntie

MAC Blot Powder, pressed or loose, is actually almost totally silica. Silica will absorb oil, and since Blot Powder doesn't have any other ingredients (except for minimal amounts of pigments in the darker shades) it won't add texture or color to your skin. It's fantastic!

PS: If you're super-oily, try MAC Oil Control Lotion as part of your cleansing routine. It gives great hydration (which even oily skin needs!) and helps your makeup stay on and matte. It also contains silica and will help control the production of sebum (oil).

martygreene

For oil-control/mattification you've got a few options. You can use a mattifying base layer such as MUFE's all-mat gel, Peter Thomas Roth's mattifier, or even most primers will do some level of this.

You can also use a mattifying powder after your foundation. Again, MUFE makes a great loose powder for this.

For touchups during the day, Smashbox's photo-matte pressed WAS the best out there, but they recently discontinued that and it's become incredibly difficult to locate.

Apart from this, blotting papers are very handy and prevent makeup from getting cakey due to repeated powdering. I'm partial to Nurturing Force's blotting paper rolls, particularly their Aloe ones, but there are many out there with similar results.

PolyphonicLove

I use Clean and Clear's Blotting Sheets - cheaper, and totally get the job done. Biore also have some that I hear are pretty good. I wouldnt use any sheets with powder, though - it could build up and get cakey.

I use DiorSkin Icone in 001 as a mattifying base, and even alone, with a wee bit of powder and blush. its $41, but well worth it.

if you arent a fan of pressed powder, get a loose powder compact. I recently ordered one, but its on back order. until then, Im still using my pressed Revlon compact, which has seen me through thick and thin.

xiahe

i personally love the clean & clear oil-absorbing sheets. MAC blot powder is also very nice but expensive; if you want something cheaper i also like the covergirl pressed powders.

palladio also makes this rice powder that's supposed to make your skin look gorgeous and it's supposed to do a great job at absorbing oil. i saw it online at www.sallybeauty.com but when i went to the actual store i couldn't find it so i wasn't able to test it. based on what it looks like on the website it looks like a loose powder and the packaging seems impractical and too cumbersome to carry around, but who knows, maybe it really is an awesome powder. i want to try it
smiles.gif