Oil Control/Humidity control options

YuzuBunny

Hi,

I'm going to Korea this summer, and know I am going to suffer from the insane humidity and heat. (I'm going just after monsoon season!) Last time I was there, i hardly wore makeup because as soon as went outside, I would sweat like crazy and get all oily.

What kind of products and makeup are there to control or resist oil/sweating?

I usually have dry/combo skin and hardly have a problem with humidity and heat here in Chicago. In the summer, I may just use a little Mac Blot or a blotting paper, but otherwise don't change my makeup or routine. So i'm not sure what to do.
th_confused_new.gif

Thanks for all your help!

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuzuBunny
Hi,

I'm going to Korea this summer, and know I am going to suffer from the insane humidity and heat. (I'm going just after monsoon season!) Last time I was there, i hardly wore makeup because as soon as went outside, I would sweat like crazy and get all oily.

What kind of products and makeup are there to control or resist oil/sweating?

I usually have dry/combo skin and hardly have a problem with humidity and heat here in Chicago. In the summer, I may just use a little Mac Blot or a blotting paper, but otherwise don't change my makeup or routine. So i'm not sure what to do.
th_confused_new.gif

Thanks for all your help!

For foundation, I find it's best to go with something light (e.g. a light application of a powder product such as Studio Fix powder or mineral foundation, or even a matte tinted moisturiser like Studio Moisture Tint) as your skin will breathe better. Then just use your Blot powder and blotting papers to touch up. Personally I really like the Diorskin Forever compact & will just apply a light dusting with a kabuki.

For eyeshadows, you can't really beat Paint pots - I quite like them for travel as you can just swipe them on and go, and they don't budge. I tend to stick with softer colours for the eyes (e.g. Bare Study, Indianwood) so that even if things do start to crease or melt it's not obvious.

For eyeliner, use a gel or liquid liner, or a long-wearing pencil like Urban Decay 24/7.

Hope that helps, sounds like a fun trip!

westindiesangel

The only thing that really ever cut down the oil on my face is milk of magnesia. i apply a layer of it on my face, let it dry, and it leaves a white residue behind, which i rub away with either a little moisturizer/aloe vera gel or my primer. I would look it up - I was really surprised to hear about it too, lol, but it really is as close to a miracle product as I have seen yet.

YuzuBunny

Wow, thanks for the great tips.
smiles.gif
I will definitely look into the milk of magnesia, and also look into a powder/mineral foundation and other formulations for my makeup. right now i use shu uemura cream foundation, which probably won't be the best choice!

ThePowderPuff

I sweat a lot in my face, and my very best advice is Too Faced Shadow Insurance on the eyes. It's amazing! Just to explain I can tell you, that a month ago I went to a big rock concert here i Copenhagen. It was indoor with about 5.000 people and VERY hot, and I was stadning in the crowd at the front jumping like crazy for two hours. You can probably imagine how much I did sweat. I had a really dark smoky eye on, and when the concert was over and the light came back on my friends looked like me with a strange look. My eyeshadow still looked like it did when I first put it there. My foundation, lipstick, blush etc. was completely gone, but my smokey/silver eyes looked like the moment I made them.

So that's how good the Too Faced Shadow Insurance works on my eyes together with MAC eyeshadows. However I haven't found a solution to make my face makeup last just as long. Still looking, so I'll watch this thread, I am so glad you made it.

Sometimes I wonder how TF Shadow Insurance would work all over my face. Maybe I should try it one day
tong.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

I'd use a powder or mineral foundation with a oil controlling primer. And carry blotting powder and papers around with you.

vintageroses

I lived in Singapore for most of my life till recently & yes it’s humid there too! I wasn’t really into makeup before I left Singapore but I must say that blotting papers are a must! :) the good thing about Singapore is that it is air conditioned everywhere! :)

When I went back for a holiday I brought around a face powder just to mattify my face especially at the end of the day! Remember to blot off the oils first though, else you’ll have a cakey look!not nice
ssad.gif

Sometimes (if I’m feeling vain
tong.gif
) I bring along a crème blush which I can swipe on really quick or a powder blush with cotton balls! They work amazing for on the go when it’s too much of a hassle to bring a brush, I swear cotton balls work fine too! :)

HTH

slick

An oil controlling primer works best in my experience. I swear by MAC Matte Cream. I also set with silica powder and use blotting papers if need be.

mariserinb

i live in miami and am a super sweaty girl, so i have to deal with these issues a lot. i have found that dior's mattifying toner works miracles. i can literally go all day without my nose creases getting oily. i use it in combo with korres balancing pomegranate moisturizer, which i think helps as well, and is very light.

shadowaddict

It's very humid here and I love Smashbox Anti-Shine. It comes in a tube and last forever. It takes just a tiny bit. A sample from Sephora before i purchased lasted me a couple of monts. I put it on my t-zone and after a few secs them my foundation. This is by far my favorite of the many many products I've tried over the years for my oily skin.