Oil Controlling Powder

Mochahantas

Is there such?

I usually do not wear coverage daily since I am battling moderate acne right now. However, my face has been SOOOOO oily throughout the day that I'm not sure what to do. I'm using oil blotting sheets but they aren't working. Any ideas? I'd prefer something extremely light with moderate coverage! TIA!

User38

Have you ever looked at the Clinique liquid for oily skin.. it has worked well on some people I know. Also, Erno Laszlo has a Shake it which is similar although more expensive.. these are healing and also give light coverage
smiles.gif

ladyJ

Transparent powder from MAC or MUFE. OR Blot powder by MAC. I LOVE the blot powder!

Mochahantas

Thanks so much for replying guys! I really appreciate the help.

Studio Fix: I have it, but it's a match for my winter skintone. UGH! I'd have to buy another shade. So I'm thinking I'll go with the MAC blotting powder or the transparent powder. Do any of those give coverage?

anita22

^ Neither are meant to give coverage, though MAC Blot powder is coloured so it does give a tiny amount of sheer coverage. If you're after something with coverage then Studio Fix is a better option.

MAC Oil Control Lotion is also good for oiliness.

RedRibbon

I use Rimmel's Stay Matter powder in Translucent, it really is translucent and keeps the greasies away
smiles.gif

Miss Redgal

i use and live by!
cornsilk translucent powder the loose and the compact
i get it from ulta and its about 4 bucks!

i use it to set my mac foundation or i wear it alone its not for coverage but the cornpowder soaks up all the oil

annikay

MAC Blot Powder did nothing for me and Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation clogged my pores.
ssad.gif
But now I use Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation and Flawless Matte Finishing Powder. The latter consists of kaolin and mica, it's excellent!
yes.gif

MzzRach

My picks for oil control:

Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil (the original formula)
Make Up For Ever Super Matt loose powder

Both of these work really well for me and are very finely milled. Good luck!