Oil crisis!

ForgetRegret

On my face, not the US...
SOS.gif
I tried searching for a similar thread, but didn't see one...if I missed it, I apologize for being redundant, but I need some help...desperately!

My skin is out of control ridiculous. I just had a baby three months ago, and the hormone flux has wreaked havoc on my skin...I was oily to begin with (ok...really oily), but had been using the SkinID system (acne prone, too...ugh.), and that seemed to have really cut down on the amount of times I needed to blot during the day. Now, however, my skin is SO gross...I don't know what to do about it. I've tried mattefying gels, creams, goops, etc...primers, face washes, powdering my skin before I put my make up on...and NONE of it seems to work. I was hoping that at least one of you ladies might have an idea or ten to help suck up this oil, and stop my makeup from sliding off.

In case it's pertinent, I'm very fair skinned, and despise the sun...also, I use retin-a at night, and a salicylic acid gel in the morning, so I don't want to dry out my skin TOO much. It takes nothing for my skin to go from super oily, to super oily AND flaky dryness all in the same area. Stupid skin.
angry.gif

Skin*Deep

I know you said you've tried it all, I'm super oily as well and my skin savers are clarins face treatment oil for oily skin (sounds stupid to put oil on, but it is a rebalancing oil, don't forget drying your skin out can make it kick up the oil production. It's a built in defense mechanism that you cannot stop) and I use cosmedicine oil control lotion before makeup...I still blot during the day, but these two things have definitely reduced the amount of time I spend during the day keeping it all in check......

GucciGirl

Hi there, I have oily skin as well and I have been using Avon's Magix face perfector and it seems to cut down my oil slicks. I have also been using Dr. Feelgood from Benefit. It is also a mattifier. Hope this helps!

ForgetRegret

Thanks ladies, I appreciate the help.

SkinDeep, I know the cosmedicine stuff you're talking about...I've tried it before and it didn't do jack for me. I was very sad...LOL ...and yes, the oil sounds counter-productive, but I'm willing to try anything...I try to stay good about keeping my skin hydrated, depite the fact that I produce enough oil in a day to power Rhode Island for a year...so if it'll hydrate AND cut the oil...it may just be my new favorite product.
clapping.gif
th_DANCE.gif

Haha sorry...I love the little smilies...they brighten my day just a little...as I sit here and sop up the oil on my face.

Oh yeah, and GucciGirl, I've used Dr. Feelgood..it worked really well for me at first, and then just stopped. I think my skin got used to it and started to rebel.
ssad.gif
Boooo.

MzzRach

Dermadoctor's Tease Zone works really well for me to control oil under makeup or alone.

nichollecaren

have you tried Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque? I use it in the AM when I know I'm going to go barefaced, so I wont get too oily. Its pure magic in a tube. When it dries on you, u can actually SEE all the oil it has absorbed from your skin.

Exotica

what about using a primer and dusting some mac blot powder over it? it gets really hot here in australia during summer and my skin looks like an out of control oil spill gone wrong... the blot powder totally eats away at all the oil any leaves my skin looking shine free. a good idea for you would be to also mix a small amount of moisturizer into your foundation so your skin does not dry out too much and produce more oil. i'm on differin and duac right now for my oilyness and acne and the above steps work out great for me. try it and see!