Oil on my MSFN... What to do??!!

BaDKiTTy69

Good morning girls!
winkiss.gif

So I have very oily skin
thmbdn.gif
. And I get the oil in my compacts all the time.
From my blotting powder it comes off pretty easy with kleenex. But I cannot get it out from my MSFN. Maybe I let it sit in there for a too long or what
th_dunno.gif
, but its like really hard layer of oily stuff on it. Whiping with the Kleenex did not help at all. What should I do?

aleksis210

^This may sound weird but it could work...you could put a couple droplets of alcohol over it and when it evaporates it may lift the oil away....it def. won't hurt it!

alka1

A MAC makeup artist told me to use a butter knife and lightly scrape at the powder. This will get rid of the oily film
smiles.gif

sharkbytes

I've done it with duct tape, just cut a piece to fit the oil spot perfectly and gently remove. If the oil is deep down though it won't work. Otherwise, the mascara wand is a great trick~

rt66chix

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbytes
I've done it with duct tape, just cut a piece to fit the oil spot perfectly and gently remove. If the oil is deep down though it won't work. Otherwise, the mascara wand is a great trick~

absolutely. I've not done it with duct tape, but a good sticky scotch tape does the trick neatly, and you can repeat till you get it all off. I do this with shadows, too.

BaDKiTTy69

Update!!!
This is crazy!!! I started with mascara wand - Nothing!
Then I used a butter knife - Still big Nothing!!!
Its so freaking hard!
I begin to wonder, maybe its coming to the end? Does anybody have a picture of empty or almost empty MSFN? lol

rt66chix

if you're down to the circular lines in the bottom of the pan, you've hit bottom. those are weird cuz you dont hit metal pan like in the other powders, but its the special platform that they put them on for the 24 hour baking process. I know, too much info, but i just had to put it out there.

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt66chix
if you're down to the circular lines in the bottom of the pan, you've hit bottom. those are weird cuz you dont hit metal pan like in the other powders, but its the special platform that they put them on for the 24 hour baking process. I know, too much info, but i just had to put it out there.

Yep...I agree. The bottom of MSF's definitely don't resemble the traditional pan. It's kind of a weird rough plastic-y platform. Just scratch it with your fingernail or with something hard and you should be able to tell if it's powder or not.

glassy girl

I've gone tru a few msfn and the first time i hit the pan i din't even realize it. It still looks like it got's powder in it ( i know im a nerd) but just scrape and u can tell whats left.

BaDKiTTy69

Thank you girls!!!
I hit the circular lines, so I guess this is it. LOL
I was like where is my metal pan???!!! My hubby took it out of the compact for me and like the whole platform is very weird! Like its very hard pressed powder with some glue on the bottom. My hubby was like what did you do to the powder????!!! hehe
You can tell this is my first MSFN. LOL Yay! Time to get a new one!
smiles.gif