Oils...

sayonara

For the past 3 weeks I've been using Jojoba Oil at night to wash my face. I have oily acne prone skin so I was scared to put oil on my face but my skin is looking way better than it did before with a few blemishes here and there (probably from touching my face ... how can you resist touching your face when its soooo soft lol) and i've noticed that it completely takes all my makeup off, I haven't needed toner because my white towels are completely clean when I wash the oil off. Its amazing and CHEAP (I got a 2oz bottle from Trader Joes for $6.49 and i've been using this in my hair, on my face, on my elbows lol everywhere)

Before doing this I was using Clinique's 3-step skincare acne line and it worked great but nothing compared to this oil and I'm really interested in just using multi-purpose all natural stuff for my skin now. Ive read online on a bunch of other sites that people use Grapeseed Oil, EVOO, and some other oils and I was wondering if anyone else has tried these and also I read somewhere that Tea Tree Oil is good for spot treatment? I'm still in love with my Zapzit but I'd like to know what I can use thats completely all natural =X

Suggestions? Maybe something that'll even out my skintone a little more or brighten it?

(forgive me if if this has already been posted =X)

PiccolaMandorla

I love love love the Japanese brand DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil and Olive Virgin Oil. I'm a bit on the oily side as well, but it makes your face soooo soft! I also love German brand Babor Hy Ol- Phytoactive combination skin mix. Japanese stores like Mitsuwa have lots of cleansing oils for very good prices...

ashk36

If I have a pimple, I definitely put a little tea tree oil on it. The smell is VERY strong, but it will dry that sucker right up if it's been popped already. I got mine at walmart in the vitamins section.

hundove

Does those oils have an expiration date? Because I have one that's really old. It dates back to some 10 years ago...

blondie711

Just in my opinion but.. I have acne prone, very sensitive skin. Tea tree oil will burn my skin in an instant. I have to dilute it 1st. Apply w/ a q-tip dipped in a bit of water, only right on the blemish. Don't put it everywhere, just on the spot. I use the Paul Mitchell tea tree oil, maybe it's stronger, IDK. Just putting out there, learn my from mistakes.

Ankica

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayonara
Suggestions? Maybe something that'll even out my skintone a little more or brighten it?

I've heard that it is not so good to use (only) jojoba for face.
I used it and I was very happy (like you haha) but since I have more problems with skin (concrete illness) I didn't want to push it too much...
I think it is great thing to use as much nature as possible... instead of expensive creams and 3 in 1 products - search for good oils, handmade creams...
I started it and I think my face will look better and healthier...
Also, not every jojoba is quality jojoba...
Check for declarations.
cutey.gif

MACATTAK

Would you explain exactly how you use the oil to cleanse your face? Do you put it all over then rinse? Put a few drops?

Kragey

I'm also curious about this. I have combination skin that I am VERY funny about, so the idea of putting oil on my already-oily nose is frightening to me, LOL! I've heard that some oils can dissolve blackheads, though, and I have a few stubborn ones...any ideas?

Skura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Would you explain exactly how you use the oil to cleanse your face? Do you put it all over then rinse? Put a few drops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragey
I'm also curious about this.

I use Shu Uemura cleansing oil
heart.gif

Usually I put some oil between my hand, and spread all over the face focusing on th eye (I used it to remove my make-up).

Then I massagge it into face with a wet hands, few times...
The oil in that case become white emulsion - like milky liquid...
This also rinse the oil and after that skin is beautiful
heart.gif

You can do this with any oil
winks.gif

Door

^ And if you're using Olive Oil or some other pure oil (not branded cleansing oils) and you feel that your skin is still oily after rinsing, you can use your normal cleanser for double cleansing. Just make sure that your cleanser won't be too effective and dry out your skin.

Skura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Door
^ And if you're using Olive Oil or some other pure oil (not branded cleansing oils) and you feel that your skin is still oily after rinsing, you can use your normal cleanser for double cleansing. Just make sure that your cleanser won't be too effective and dry out your skin.

Sometimes I do it also.
My HG cleanser is Nuxe Reve de Miel cleansing gel... The skin is so soft and gentle after that
smiles.gif
and this one is definitely won't dry any type of skin and suits to all.
(I have dry skin, but my friend has combination - and we both love it
heart.gif
)