Oily Skin Of Doom

Naxiaa30

thmbdn.gif
So summers here and low and behold the OILY skin returns.... What are some products that you guys used to fight this on going battle with "Mr" Oil. Currnetly i am using Oil Control Lotion by MAC ( of course) and the Face Prep & Prime, with my faithful Blot powder in Dark....But what other products are out there????

widdershins

The routine that works for me really well (and I am an oil slick!) is: moisturize skin after cleansing with Clean and Clear Soft with SPF15, prep skin with Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel, and then apply my Every Day Minerals foundation followed by their finishing dust. Then I just carry around a mini sample jar of foundation for quick touchups. The most important thing for me is to let my skin completely dry in between the moisturizer, prep, and foundation steps. I really do think a really important step people with oily skin forget is to moisturize--it helps cut down on the oil your skin wants to produce all of the time.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdershins
The most important thing for me is to let my skin completely dry in between the moisturizer, prep, and foundation steps. I really do think a really important step people with oily skin forget is to moisturize--it helps cut down on the oil your skin wants to produce all of the time.

ITA.

Also instead of adding more product, I like oil blotting sheets. I'm not oily anymore, but when I was, I could easily blot a couple times a day, filling up an entire sheet!

anita22

Definitely second the oil blotting sheets! Love the Clean & Clear ones. That and blot powder are my two secret weapons :)

pumpkincat210

blotting sheets for the oil! and not rubbing your face if you become sweaty, use toilet paper or a paper towel to blot it off