Oily Skin: Reccomendations for my Slick Sisters!

NikkiHorror

Hey girls! There are some of us in this world with retardedly oily skin on our faces. Not just our t-zone, but all-freaking-over our faces. Usually we have problems with enlarged pores and acne too. I'm one of these women, and it's taken me years to find products that actually WORK. I'd love to share my recc's with you girls!

If you have any questions on a particular product, feel free to post below. I'd be happy to answer :)

Best Face Washes for Oily Skin: LUSH Coalface, LUSH Herbalism, Estee Lauder Sparkling Clean Purifying Mud Foam Cleanser, Murad Clarifying Cleanser, Peter Thomas Roth Beta Hydroxy Acid 2% Wash.

Best Exfoliators for Oily Skin: LUSH Dark Angels, LUSH Ocean Salt

Best Serum for Oily Skin: Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher, Dr. Perricone High Potency Evening Repair

Best Anti-Acne Treatment for Oily Skin: LUSH Grease Lighting (Gel), Murad Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel, Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel

Best Moisturizer for Oily Skin: LUSH Vanishing Cream, Neaclear Liquid Oxygen Anti-Acne Facial Moisturizer

Best Face Mask for Oily Skin: LUSH Mask of Magnaminty

Best Makeup Primer for Oily Skin: Smashbox Photofinish

Best Foundation for Oily Skin: Estee Lauder Double Wear

Best Powder for Oily Skin: MAC Studio Fix Powder, Smashbox Photo Set Finishing Powder

Eisleyan

Thank you, this is super helpful! Have you tried MUFE mat velvet foundation? I'm not super super oily but it keeps me matte all day long. Love EL DW but there isn't a proper match for me :(

RoxieHart

Hi, I have a similar problem, I am the oiliest person I know and I have oil everywhere, it gets really disgusting.

I agree that Estee Lauder DW foundation is amazing for oily people. Considering how oily I am, it is amazing that this product can sit on my face until after work hours, it is definitely a long lasting foundation like it claims. It also helps to hide blackheads and whatever scars/imperfections you have. However it doesn't hide pores. For that, I recommend Benefit The Porefessional pore putty/primer, to be put on after Doublewear, and then set with powder.

My skin is so oily but it is also dry, which means sometimes my skin flakes. How annoying right? I can only use products not meant for oily skin as they may make my face drier which means more oil is produced to compensate for the dryness. I recommend Avene's soapless gel cleanser for my type of skin, as it doesn't strip the moisture off my face but it does a good job in cleansing.

I have a question about Smashbox Photofinish primer. Does it help the makeup stay longer? Although Doublewear does stay on my face, it isn't as "fresh" as when I step out of the house in the morning.

Also for serum for oily skin, I read Estee Lauder pore minimizer contains a lot of silicone. Is it more of a primer or does it help to shrink the pore size? I know pores can't really be shrinked, so I'm curious.

NikkiHorror

^Roxie,

I use the Smashbox Photofinish underneath my makeup...(I'm curious about using the Benefit primer on top...) I find that it does "grip" my makeup and help it last longer, also while MAJORLY filling in and smoothing out my pores and uneven skin texture (which is again to an orange peel
001_unsure.gif
) I have not found another better primer before but was recc'd one from Urban Decay that I'm curious to try.

The Estee Lauder Serum is def not like a primer, although for people that like "lotiony" primers, it would work. It's definitely more skincare than makeup. I'm not sure how it works, but I believe it may dissolve the gunk out of your pores so that they can close up a little tighter.

RoxieHart

Hi Nikkihorror, thanks. I use Benefit The Porefessional primer over Doublewear because my foam wedge is damp and if I apply Doublewear over the primer, it pushes the primer away until there is none left on my skin. I'm not sure if using a brush will make it different.

Does Smashbox have a powdery finish? I'll go check it out, it sounds great.

NikkiHorror

Yes the Smashbox primer has a velvety finish. I let it sit on my skin for at least a minute before I apply my foundation with my 190 MAC foundation brush (A MUST HAVE!!!!)