Ok, so apparently I'm new to this make-up thing

VogueInfection

I'll be 16 in 10 days, and I just started to wear make-up this year.

I only get 30 dollars every 2 weeks, so i can't afford MAC cosmetics.
Here is a picture of me.

Me.

I don't like how I do my eyeshadow, It's all wrong.
E/S

Here is my eyecolor
tada

Can someone please give me a list of colors that would look good, or anything that would help me. Because I really don't like the way I do my makeup. I have experimented before and it looks awful. I just want to look really nice for my 16th birthday party.

Please help?

kimmy

since you don't want to spend all your money on makeup, i suggest going with Milani...it's a drugstore brand, but the quality is comparable to MAC
smiles.gif

http://www.milanicosmetics.com

with your eye colour, you may want to try out some neutrals like Milani Java Bean, Milani Golden Bronze, or Milani Snow Frost. i think that playing up your lashes would be a really good idea for you to draw attention to your gorgeous eyes. i really like Maybellinne's Intense XXL mascara for really rich, thick looking lashes
smiles.gif

as far as new makeup techniques, you might want to check out the Tutorial forum here at Specktra
winks.gif

HTH!

Kiseki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawr
Can someone please give me a list of colors that would look good, or anything that would help me. Because I really don't like the way I do my makeup. I have experimented before and it looks awful. I just want to look really nice for my 16th birthday party.

What kind of look would you prefer? It's easier to recomend colors if we knew what you have in mind for your party, any specific color you're wearing?

I would suggest neutral tones, browns, pinks, grays, a bit of shimmer, mascara and a neutral lipgloss.

eowyn797

if you can find Prestige cosmetics in your area, they are great as well! a number of the colors are just like some MAC colors...

Hawkeye

You are so pretty!

Just a quick note-please don't think I'm being ugly in this post-I'm just trying to help you!
smiles.gif

I think you don't like the eyeshadow because of the purple. It doesn't make your eyes pop and I think that may be part of the problem. It's a beautiful purple though! Just a thought!

I think your best bet would be be to use warm shades like bronze or browns maybe olive greens?.

Also, from looking at the picture I think you may be extending your eyeshadow too far - it should only go towards about the end of the far corner of the eye and then you can drag it under your lashline-that's just a suggestion. Here's a pick I did for someone not to long ago with where to end it (ps-forgive that its not blended and its also very messy)-
MACLure-4.jpg

Also I see some white in the picture-is that where you wanted to highlight the inner corner of your eyes? If so make a "V" from the top lashline to the lower lashline with the white eyeshadow.

Maybe try that to see if you like how you do your makeup better?

Again these are just thoughts and you are beautiful
smiles.gif

Damfino

First, have you checked out the FAQ: Anatomy of Eyeshadow Application? It's useful to know how & what you can utilize with shadow and your eyes.

I would stop with the super heavy liquid black eyeliner, when used any other way but *perfect* (which is hard to get even with makeup addicts like me!) it can actually make your eyes look smaller. Instead, I suggest dampning an eyeliner brush and using a dark eyeshadow shade - like a dark brown or dark grey- lining your upper eyelids just on and slightly over your eyelashe line. It'll subtely make your eyes look bigger & lashes thicker.

Your eye color is gorgeous- you don't need a "loud" color like purple to make your eyes look interesting/sexy. I would take a light color close to your skin tone and use that all over as a base (something like Wet n' Wild's creme eyeshadow in Cafe au Lait also works great like that, and is a gorgeous color all on its own) Actually, if you want to experiment with cheap but GREAT stuff Wet 'n Wild actually makes great eyeshadow trios called Mega Eyes, I recommend Egyptian Sands and Belgian Chocolates (Amazon Greens and Mojave Mauves are also good if you like those colors) just have fun experimenting and practicing. I recommend using the lighest shade in the trios used as a wash over your lids and/or a highlighter, the medium shade on your lower lids and then blended up into the crease a bit, and the dark shade in your crease only for definition- or close to your lashline if it's too dark. A light shimmery shadow in the corners of your eyes (just a tiny dab) and under your brows will also help the entire look.

I hope this made some kind of sense and helped- you're pretty and have fantastic skin so already you have a great start. I also recommend checking out the tutorial & face/eye of the day forums here- you can learn a lot by seeing how other people apply their shadow. Good luck, and Happy early Birthday!
clap.gif

Latest posts