OK why the hell is there Cholesterol in my Moisturelush Cream?

Leila_Lei

Out of boredom I was just studying the backs of my new MAC babies and I found that there was Cholesterol in the Moisturelush Cream.

So when I go to the Doctor's next week and he tells me that I have too high of a Cholesterol level, can I blame it on my Moisturelush?
greengrin.gif
th_LMAO.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila_Lei
Out of boredom I was just studying the backs of my new MAC babies and I found that there was Cholesterol in the Moisturelush Cream.

So when I go to the Doctor's next week and he tells me that I have too high of a Cholesterol level, can I blame it on my Moisturelush?
greengrin.gif
th_LMAO.gif

its actually good for your skin. the cholesterol helps replenish your skins lipid barrier.

bartp

no, you won't be able to pass the blame :) . If I remember correctly, cholesterol is there to strengthen the outer cell surface of skin cells ( in your upper epidermis ) , so that water stays locked into cells. A lot of other moisturizers and brands use the same ingredient

GlamYOURUs

lol Cholesterol is actually good for your skin on the outside, but not good for you internally. A lot of skincare products have cholesterol in them. Some primers do as well.

.VivaDiva.

Yea what the gals above said. There are plenty of hair treatments that have Cholesterol in them also.

Leila_Lei

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
LMAO! As long as you don't eat it I'm sure you're fine. But I do get tempted to eat my MAC. It looks so tasty!

LOL..I would have no problems eating all of my lip products! *yummy*

theraindrops

Cholesterol is a phospholipide (sp?) and is part of your cell membrane. It also gives the cell elasticity/fluidity.

kalice

serum cholesterol is very different from topical cholesterol. The cholesterol in your blood is due to a mixture of diet and how well your body processes cholesterol. Cholesterol is actually incredibly important to living, giving your cell membrane fluidity, which is why our bodies evolved mechanisms to take in cholesterol as well to make it in our livers.

The cholesterol in the moisturelush probably is there just to make it more moisturizing. It is a lipid after all and there's pretty much no way it can get past your skin into your blood. No worries, MAC is still wonderful
greengrin.gif

Lily_Lyla

Every cell in your body contains cholesterol.
The membrane, the 'skin' of the cell if you will is made up of phospholipids, within these phospholipids are cholesterol particles. These give the membrane the ability to move and gives it better strength.
Without it cells wouldn't be as flexible and would break killing the cells and making your skin poor in quality.

tinagrzela

oh my god! I was just thinking about this!!

Yesterday, I was reading the ingredient list on the tinted lip conditioners, the ones in tubs, and cholesterol is like the 3rd ingredient!! what the hell?? is it gonna bring up my cholesterol??!