Okay, I need to get into SHAPE!!

pumpkincat210

I have been procrastinating all year long about losing 20 pounds. I'm 140 pounds and i'm 5'5" tall. I have had 3 children in only 4 years so I haven't really wanted or had time to do hardcore excercising. My problem areas are my upper arms and midsection, i hate it because it makes my head feel small compared to the rest of me.
I eat great in the greens and fruits area, but i need to cut down on my beef consumption. I'm also a sucker for bacon. So more fish (i hate chicken) I drink tons of water.
For the past 4 days I've jogged and powerwalked around my neighborhood. It's really hot here and i need a gym membership. I also try to do 90 girl pushups a day and situps. I'm starting to get into yoga too.
So far I've lost 1 pound, haha. I know its early but how long will it take me to really notice a difference?

hyperRealGurl

hey.... 1 pound is progress i say keep doing what ur doing and u will see results in no time.
smiles.gif

pumpkincat210

So far i feel better. My legs were sore the first couple of days. But i'm standing up straighter and its easier to fall asleep at night.
smiles.gif

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
So far i feel better. My legs were sore the first couple of days. But i'm standing up straighter and its easier to fall asleep at night.
smiles.gif

make sure u stretch those muscles really good,always in the begining ur muscle feel sore.. remember those are muscle that u arent use to working out or u havnt worked out in some time. after time u wont be so sore. and i agree after a good stretch and good workout u always feel better, longer , leaner, straighter. once again im proud of ya

pumpkincat210

Today I actually jogged a whole mile!! I was so tired afterwards, but it felt good. I hope I can keep this up everyday. the heat is horrible here, but at least we've had some rain to keep it a little coolerl.

pumpkincat210

I've been keeping up well with my jogging. Unfortunately I tried to go this evening around my block and this guy whistled. It made me extremely uncomfortable. Ick i hate the heat so running isn't so great in the daytime. it was only dusk but it looks like i'll have my husband accompany me past 6 oclock. I'm at 138 pounds. I'm feeling a little chubby today though.

Wattage

Oh men... probably a good idea to have hubby go with you anyway. A good way for both of you to get some exercise and spend some time alone
smiles.gif

pumpkincat210

Well, i'm at 136 pounds. The heat is really keeping me from jogging. I hope it cools down some. The medicine i'm on says i shouldn't excersize in the heat because i'm more prone to heat stroke. but the waist in my jeans are now all baggy and that is so exciting, lol.

Julie

Wow it sounds like you're doing really good! I love when my clothes get looser even though it hasn't happened in a while.

pumpkincat210

I'm in a size 5 jean now! Watching what I'm eating combined with being on a different bipolar medication, has made a big difference. I still need to work out and i plan to go running more when it cools off some.
with my medicine it warns not to excercise in the heat, so i'd better not.

Although i do feel better I'm a little mad still because i dropped a cup size to a C. Now I'm back to the bra size i was in high school. oh well, can't have everything- i just don't want to lose any more breast
ssad.gif

Shimmer

You're doing fabulously well! I hate running so passionately, I have to admit.
Unfortunately, you're going to lose some of the boobs, as they're comprised of fatty tissue, but it's going to be proportionate to the rest of your body as it changes due to your workout.

You may find that once you reach your goal you will still be a C or D cup but be a smaller bra.
smiles.gif

danabanayna

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
I'm in a size 5 jean now! Watching what I'm eating combined with being on a different bipolar medication, has made a big difference. I still need to work out and i plan to go running more when it cools off some.
with my medicine it warns not to excercise in the heat, so i'd better not.

Although i do feel better I'm a little mad still because i dropped a cup size to a C. Now I'm back to the bra size i was in high school. oh well, can't have everything- i just don't want to lose any more breast
ssad.gif

Keep up the great work...I am trying to lose too.

Question for you...Besides your dedication,do you feel the change in medication has something to do with the weight loss?

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by danabanayna
Keep up the great work...I am trying to lose too.

Question for you...Besides your dedication,do you feel the change in medication has something to do with the weight loss?

definately! My old medicine practically stopped my metabolism. I know drugs like depakote and lithium cause weight gain and the one i'm on now, Abilify, has been documented to cause some weight loss.

jess98765

your doing soooo well hun.. losing a couple of pounds is so not a easy thing to do!! i'm basicsally in your situation at the moment too- trying to lose weight by exercising, but i find that i can't really bring myself to continue exercising past the 2 days.... so your doing pretty well if your jogging everyday!!!

pumpkincat210

I haven't updated here in awhile! Well, I admit i haven't been excersizing at all. But i have some good news still. I lost 2 pounds over Christmas which puts me at 131 pounds. I've realized swim suit season will be here soon, so i have to start working out a little again. I want to lose 10 more pounds, mainly around my midsection and upper arms. I saw a bunch of cute bathing suits at the mall and want to be able to feel comfortable in one again.

medusalox

Congrats! I packed on pounds over xmas, myself. I just went running today, actually. I haaate it - kudos to you for keeping at it!
cheerleader.gif

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by medusalox
Congrats! I packed on pounds over xmas, myself. I just went running today, actually. I haaate it - kudos to you for keeping at it!
cheerleader.gif

thanks
smiles.gif
I tried so hard not to over indulge this year, now that i think about it maybe having the flu had something to do with it, haha.
I need to go running. It works so well when I actually do it.

tunisia_x

Re: get a good shape

Hi friend, don’t be dejected. Definitely you have a weight problem. But it is not impossible to get a good shape. You mentioned that you have not sufficient time for exercise. Then you should take care of your diet and don’t take high calorie food. You will eat large quantity of salads as a meal and avoid beef, chocolates, cake, soda water, etc. I assure you within few months you will get a result.