Old Gold Pigment

color_lover456

Hey guys

I bought old gold pigment last fall and used it maybe once on my eyelids, I just opened it now and noticed that it is only 3/4 full...and when I gently tap it on my desk I would say that it becomes only 60% full.

I know pigments are measured by weight and not volume so they are not supposed to be full but experience has taught that the frosty, shimmery pigments are more full than the matte ones, and old gold is one of the frostiest pigments i own...

does anyone else notice their old gold pigment being really empty? or do i have a case of roommate thievery?

thanks

MACATTAK

Do you remember how full it was when you bought it? Sometimes they aren't full to begin with. I have noticed that when you pack them down (tapping it on the desk will do it) is going to make it appear even less.

color_lover456

well that's the thing - i don't remember it being this empty... i've only used it once on my eyelids, and i'm asian so that means i didn't use very much at all. I have 20+ pigments and while all of them vary in fullness, old gold is noticeably emptier...

MACATTAK

Yeah, I don't think pigment would just "evaporate" like that. haha! I don't remember my Old Gold being that low, now my Green Brown was 3/4 full new! I would hope your roommate wouldn't be dipping into your pigment, and it would be hard to prove unless you found it/saw it on them. Plus if your other pigments are fine then that seems unlikely. If you don't ever remember dropping any of it, it's a mystery
smiles.gif

AppleDiva

I have noticed that too. My OG pigment is rarely used and I noticed that it is 3/4 full. Other pigments t hat I use on a regular basis seem untouched!

janwa09

My Blue Brown pigment is 3/4 full brand new. Im sure yours just settled more to the bottom.

user79

Close the lid and strongly shake it up, then open it again and see how full it is. I think it is just settling, shaking up should restore it back to how it was.

Melly44

My old gold was full of pigment almost to the top actually.. i gave half of it to my sister in a bigger sample container and i still got tons! Ive had mine for over a year but yeah if u don't shake it up i find it does settle though ..

color_lover456

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Close the lid and strongly shake it up, then open it again and see how full it is. I think it is just settling, shaking up should restore it back to how it was.

I do that and it is about 3/4 full... the fact that it is not full shaken up is what lead me to use the tapping method to compare it with the rest of my pigments...