Old Revlon add, which green?

Pinky & Poodle

I really love makeup looks from the 50's and 60's and came across this add searching for inspiration

revlon1961shortred.jpg

I have Springtime Skipper and I really want Swimming, but I'm not sure either is "minty" enough
nope.gif

Could anyone recommend a green that would be suitet for this look?

Thank you
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

Looks like Aquavert would fit the bill. Especially if you used Shimmermint shadestick underneath. Both of those might be a little hard to find, but not impossible.

FiestyFemme

Second Aquavert. It's much more minty than Springtime Skipper. I'm not sure it's a dead on ringer for the ad pic, but it's the first thing I thought of!

purrtykitty

Yeah. I think it's has a tad more blue in it than Shimmermint, but not enough to make a difference when you blend it out.

Pinky & Poodle

I wish I had a camera... I did the look today with Aquadisiac, and it turned out way better than I had hoped
smiles.gif

It's a lot more subtle than what I usually wear, but it made a great everyday-look

I've never worn liner, since it always turns out a mess, but since I like the retro look, I really should.
But I just got the Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved, and that works for me.
I know I should wear fluid liner, but I really can't be bothered
greengrin.gif

Still searching for Aquavert
yes.gif

Meisje

Thanks for posting this, I really love the picture.

I have a lipstick called Revlon Red that looks exactly like the pic --- I wonder if that color has been around all this time.

bella rosa

armani has a beautiful mint green as does loreal. but the lipstick either revlon red or cherries in the snow those are some of the original revlon colors.

BTW revlon is the one who started matching polish to nails and is what most of old hollywood wore.

Latest posts