older pigment jars?

betseyjohnson

hi! does anyone know if older pigment jars look the same as they do now? or have they changed. ex- older e/s pots were screw top, now they are fliptop.
when i say older jars, i mean before 1999 or earlier. tia for everyones help.
ps- pics would be great!

DaizyDeath

im preety shure pigments havnt been around that long and theyve always had the same jar. I dont think MAC started realeseing pigment till later on.

But im shure somebody else in here can answer your question more accurately.

caffn8me

The main difference with older pigments and glitters that I know of is the box the jar comes in. Older jars would have had slightly different wording on them and at some stage a barcode on the jar itself.

Below is an old style genuine box

betseyjohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
The main difference with older pigments and glitters that I know of is the box the jar comes in. Older jars would have had slightly different wording on them and at some stage a barcode on the jar itself.

Below is an old style genuine box

thanks! i met a girl who says her pigments are from before the year 2,000 so i wasnt sure. i checked on livejournal and another girl says that sometimes the lids on the older jars are glossier, and that sometimes there are no batch numbers, just the color name?
greengrin.gif

caffn8me

I believe that sometimes, the batch number did get missed off the labels. Older style powder pots certainly had shiny black lids in the late 1990s so it's entirely possible the pigment pots did too.

mymymai

There are differences, but they are slight.
Turquoise pigment jar: Silver label with name of pigment, A99 MAC Pro, and the following words about the name, which is not centered "Pigment Colour Powder / Poudre Eclat De Clouleur." Around the edges of the label, it says "Make-up Art Cosmetics, Toronto -London-Made-in/Fabrique Au Canada." The markings on the back of the pigment jar are also slightly different. It features a hand with a book (precautions I think, the "e" in between the gram and oz weight, and the recycle arrow is larger (same size as 2006 Golders Green), and is on the same line as the address.
Red Pigment Jar: A52 is printed on the bottom of the jar itself. The label is clear and it just says red on the bottom. There is no precautions book on the side of the jar like Turquoise or Golders Green. The 'e' is smaller and on the left side of the oz. The recycle arrow is small and is at the very bottom. (This is authentic because I bought this at the pro store).
Golders Green Jar: A16. Silver label on bottom with name and A16. The precautions label is there on the back in same position as turquoise, the 'e' is between the grams and oz in center of jar's back, and recycle arrow is large again and centered with the address.

Marcita

I've never seen a fliptop jar. All mine are screw on and I've been collecting them since I first learned about them.

betseyjohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcita
I've never seen a fliptop jar. All mine are screw on and I've been collecting them since I first learned about them.

hiya! i was refering to the e/s pots as an example for packaging differences. sorry about the confusion :confused: