Olive Bluejay

rocketqueen

Okay, so after the classy retro makeup yesterday my eyes yearned for more colors! Bluejay is a wonderful blue shade, and a very wearable one if you don't normally like blue eye shadow shades. Easy to blend as well, you can't go wrong with this! Olive is also very wearable, a light green with some gold sparkle. Note that the swatch on the MAD Minerals website doesn't show off the lovely Olive color at all!

Vortex from Pure Luxe is a baby blue color with light silver and gold shimmer, also with a very slight touch of lavender in some lights. This is the super enormous mega fantastic description from the Pure Luxe website:

"This is a ONE OF A KIND color! I have never seen so many colors in one product before. At first glance, it appears baby blue. Look again and you will see gold and silver shimmer overlay. Apply wet, let dry, blend, and see the color change again! Now you have a baby blue base, a pink reflection seems to emminate from the blue, and over all of that, you have gold and silver speckles of glimmer. WoW!!"

Dangerous thing with describing the colors in an exaggerating way is that the customer often builds up unreal expectations and then get disappointed. Gosh, I half expected a little miracle on my eye lids with this! Truth is, it is a nice color, but not that unique.

My lips turned out a bit dull on this pic for some reason, so you'll just have to imagine the smooth, raspberry pink color. Oh, and I wanted to show you the beautiful pattern on my dress and the colorful necklace I've made! Those two really make my happy.

What do you think?

70tals_1196944671.jpg

70s_breakdown_1196944657.jpg

mad_olive_bluejay_1196944690.jpg

newagetomatoz

I love the detail and breakdown! I still think it looks really pretty on you! And I love the necklace--so colorful!

Briar

You are so glamorous and chic. I love these colors, thanks for the descriptions.

entipy

I love the Bluejay and Olive on you! Your lips look raspberry fabulous!
smiles.gif

I like the Wild Mango on the close-up shots, but I think it makes your eyes look a little tired on the full-face shots. It takes away a bit from the beautiful look you've created!

I love your pictures and break-downs, too!
greengrin.gif
Very nice.

hotpink1326

What a pretty look!! I just love your eyes
th_wink3.gif

BlueJay is a lovely color but its kinda hard to live up to a discription like that, lol!!

rocketqueen

Thank you all so much! Glad you like the breakdowns and everything!
smiles.gif

entipy, thanks for the CC! I see what you mean, reds/oranges are often hard to wear for me without looking tired like you noticed too... I'll give other shadows a try with this look and see how it turns out!

fingie, thanks! That necklace gives me much happy energy!

entipy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketqueen
entipy, thanks for the CC! I see what you mean, reds/oranges are often hard to wear for me without looking tired like you noticed too... I'll give other shadows a try with this look and see how it turns out!

I have the very same problem!! It makes me so mad, too, because sometimes I just WANT to wear the colors down there! And do.. honestly.. LOL. I SO love how you use all MAD's gorgeous colors, though.
smiles.gif
Looks like people are really starting to notice them now from seeing your looks! Barbi will be happy with all the new business! LOL

alien21xx

Lovely FOTD! I'm so amazed by how beautiful your blending is.
Out of curiosity, I'd just like to ask what brush you use to apply shadow on your lower lids? I've never been able to apply shadow as clean as the way you do it. LOL.