Olive foundations?

spoiledkiwi

I'm Indian and I haven't been able to find a foundation that's green enough to match my skin. I currently use Studio Fix powder in C40 but it's slightly more orange than my skin which seems to be a more greenish color. I've tried a lot of other MAC, Bobbi Brown, and drugstore foundations and everything that matches is too orange. MAC Select Tint in NC40 was a close match but it still didn't have enough green in it. The only thing I've found that matched was Everyday Minerals foundation in Olive Medium, but I don't like mineral foundation. I would prefer a liquid or pressed powder foundation. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

alka1

hi spoiled kiwi.

I've had the same problems as you've experienced - shades being too peachy/orangey. I love some of MACs foundations but the shades never really work for me.

i've had success with MUFE HD, they have a great selection of shades (25 I think?). They cover all undertones including beige, pink, yellow, and olive. I'm NC30-35 with olive undertones and I found a match with shade 123. If you're NC40, I think you might fall under shade 153 or 173. I suggest getting a sample first to ensure you get a good match
smiles.gif

hopefully someone else will chime in here with other rec's, but I highly suggest MUFE!

jmeis

Try Nixie cosmetics for cream or liquid foundations in olive shades. The cream foundation is beautiful on; I have Olive 2 & Olive 3 in that formula

lolli

Another vote for MUFE foundation. I wear 123 and it matches me perfectly. The first time I have experienced that in a foundation. Loves it!!!!

pmjc69

^What shade are u in MAC?
I once asked a MAC MA to recommend an olive undertone foundation, and she said that if u have olive undertone to begin with, applying a foundation with it will make u look even more olive?
not sure if that's true.

lolli

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmjc69
^What shade are u in MAC?
I once asked a MAC MA to recommend an olive undertone foundation, and she said that if u have olive undertone to begin with, applying a foundation with it will make u look even more olive?
not sure if that's true.

It's depends - anywhere from a NC30 - NC37 depending on the product and the time of the year. But I always found MAC foundation to be a bit orange on me.

The great thing about MUFE 123 is that it was a little dark (still is but I have more color now) when I bought it but it still blended really well because it was the same undertone and blends in with my multi colored neck (I swear I have like 3 distinct colors on my neck).

The thing is 123 is supposed to be for olive undertoned and I always thought I had yellow undertone. But it doesn't make me look too olive.

Mec

Hi spoiled kiwi!! I'm an NC40 too and I know what you mean by more greenish color!!! I have that problem too and the MAC foundations are still a little bit orange for me........until Make Up For Ever Foundation, the HD Invisible Cover in 123; this matches perfect!!

It is medium/full coverage liquid, and really covers skin sooooo flawlessly. You should ask for a sample at sephora....you have nothing to loose!

Good luck! Mec.

pmjc69

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolli
It's depends - anywhere from a NC30 - NC37 depending on the product and the time of the year. But I always found MAC foundation to be a bit orange on me.

The great thing about MUFE 123 is that it was a little dark (still is but I have more color now) when I bought it but it still blended really well because it was the same undertone and blends in with my multi colored neck (I swear I have like 3 distinct colors on my neck).

The thing is 123 is supposed to be for olive undertoned and I always thought I had yellow undertone. But it doesn't make me look too olive.

Most of the foundation I've tried looked like its a match when I first put it on, however, as the day goes on, it tends to oxidize on me and my face is darker than my neck
ssad.gif
do u experience that with MUFE? I really want to try HD. i've tried their mat velvet one and that did not work for me. so I'm hoping the HD will become my HG. hopefully
smiles.gif

alka1

you know you're olive-toned when..

- a peachy/pink foundation makes your neck look bright yellow

- a yellow foundation makes your face look bright yellow, and your neck looks brownish green :p

i'm surprised shade 123 is such a popular shade!

lolli

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmjc69
Most of the foundation I've tried looked like its a match when I first put it on, however, as the day goes on, it tends to oxidize on me and my face is darker than my neck
ssad.gif
do u experience that with MUFE? I really want to try HD. i've tried their mat velvet one and that did not work for me. so I'm hoping the HD will become my HG. hopefully
smiles.gif

I have really oily skin and have to watch out for oxidation too but I have not had any problems with MUFE HD at all. I am VERY picky about my foundation matching, like obsessively checking it in all different kinds of light at different times of day, and I can't find any flaws with it.

My neck is darker that my face too, especially the back of my neck. But the undertone to the 123 blends in with all of my different colors.
smiles.gif

I would still suggest that if you have a Sephora by you going to get matched and get a sample to make sure that it works for you. $40 is a lot of money to spend not to be happy.

xxprettyinblkxx

i give my vote to MUFE HD Foundation...i'm an olive toned NC30/35 in MAC, but I matched up to 117 in MUFE (weird, i know)...head to your nearest Sephora and get a sample of the foundation (and primer too)...Both products are the best and MUFE has a huge variety of shades to match just about any skintone out there :)

good luck!

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiledkiwi
I've tried MUFE HD in 153 and it was a good depth but it was still too orange. Is there a similar shade that has more olive in it? I'm looking at Karla Sugar's swatches and 153 looks a lot more orange than 123 and 128, but they both look like they may be too light. Here are the swatches:
The Next Best Thing to Going Shopping Yourself: MUFE HD Foundation

MUFEs HD shades tend to be out of whack.. 128 is numerically lower, but tends to be darker than higher shades like 140. Based on the descriptions you've given us so far, I think you might have luck with 128. It's impossible to say for sure though until you've actually tested it on your skin

good luck

spoiledkiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka1
MUFEs HD shades tend to be out of whack.. 128 is numerically lower, but tends to be darker than higher shades like 140. Based on the descriptions you've given us so far, I think you might have luck with 128. It's impossible to say for sure though until you've actually tested it on your skin

good luck

Thanks! I didn't realize that the numbers didn't go in order, I guess I'm used to how the MAC shades work. I'll definitely try out 128 the next time I'm in Sephora.

Humayra

im usually nc25-30 in mac.but in HD im 140..it made me really paranoid when other ppl of a similiarish colouring in mac were using numbers like 117 and 120 etc in HD, as i began to think my shade must be waay too dark or orange. but HD shades are jus really unpredictable in reference to their number, in my opinion. my shade seems to match well enough, so do drop by a store and get matched properly.
smiles.gif

mac4less

i know everyone here is talking about the high end makeup lines...but i would have to say that i've tried them..and none of them matched my skintone to the T...the only foundation that i've found that just disappears into my skin is Revlon's Colorstay with softflex...and im a true beige in it...in mac i was nc42..
so give the cheaper versions a shot..maybe you might find something that works for you... just my 2 cents...

User38

I use the Revlon Colorstay -- for many applications and for personal use. I also use MAC, MUFE, Cle de Peau, Armani, CHanel, Guerlain, Dior, and YSL. I will not go below to a Wet n Wild, although I use some of their lip pencils. I don't see why one would limit onself to using just one range of products -- this is an art, and therefore very personal.