OMG look at this

sierrao

i just stumbled apon this a month ago. i used to live in japan a couple of years ago but i have never seen girls look like this
th_confused_new.gif
. some girls acctually use a white paint pen for there eyes
shockt.gif

220026594_small.jpg

Tashona Helena

I think they're Ganguro Girls...It's how they dress/look. Very tan, excessive makeup.
smiles.gif
I remember seeing a gang of them in an anime I was watching a couple months ago. Oh yea you said you've never seen them, probably because I think the trend has kinda phased out. Here's the wiki link. I think some of them are kinda cute lol. Not that i would attempt it but it's fascinating to look at their pictures.

TISH1124

yeah I saw that on ANTM show...they were all having to put on makeup and weird clothes like these girls there in Japan...

sierrao

i would never try this look in public lol but maybe for halloween or a anime convention

L1LMAMAJ

japanese girls always make big statements with their makeup, hair, and fashion sense. i think it's kinda interesting to look at but it's definitely not my style.

naijapretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashona Heléna
I think they're Ganguro Girls...It's how they dress/look. Very tan, excessive makeup.
smiles.gif
I remember seeing a gang of them in an anime I was watching a couple months ago

off topic, but was that anime Gintama?

naijapretty

The Ganguro gals started out as rebellion against their parents/society and its expectations of them.

LMD84

personally i'd never have my make up like that - however i love looking at what they do have on! very creative and crazy - love it!

Tashona Helena

Quote:
Originally Posted by naijapretty
off topic, but was that anime Gintama?

I actually looked it up, and it's SUPERGALS! but when I read the Wiki they said they main characters are kogals, but doesn't say anything about the band of girls that show up during the episode I saw. But they had like excessive tans and crazy makeup like Ganguro girls.

User49

It would be interesting to see them in this make up but make up done professionally! Did anyone see the episode on Americas Next Top Model where they dressed them up in anime for a motercycle shoot? I'd love to do a shoot with a model like that it's so much fun!

user79

AFAIK that trend in Japan has started to dissipate - I think it was the big thing like 5 or 6 years ago or something...I think Cosplay, Gothic Lolita and Visual Kei is more in now in Harajuku although there's probably even newer trends we've never even heard about here.

Diva009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashona Heléna
I actually looked it up, and it's SUPERGALS! but when I read the Wiki they said they main characters are kogals, but doesn't say anything about the band of girls that show up during the episode I saw. But they had like excessive tans and crazy makeup like Ganguro girls.

omg off topic but i love super gals. it's so stylish and interesting to watch. ^__^

shatteredshards

I think it was meant to be an extreme interpretation of the fake-and-bake look a number of American girls adopted (and still use, eww).

Tashona Helena

^ I noticed there were different extremes of it later and I wondered how to tell them apart? Thanks for clarifying that.