OMG, look how cute this is!

Kelaia

I had been looking for the baby Sephora kabuki after someone posted a pic of, but couldn't seem to find it. So I Googled "baby kabuki" and it took me to this website called MAD Minerals.

I came across this!

(pic is to compare to the size of my 182 and also another normal size kabuki that I ordered from them. (only $6.99! no way near as soft as the MAC, but it looked similar so I just wanted to try, lol...but I am still going to use it for blending in my blush/bronzer
smiles.gif
). The teeny tiny kabuki was only $2(!) and it is just right for what I wanted it for (blending in mineral concealer & foundation around my eye area).

I also ordered a couple of sifter jars to hold my samples of Everyday Mineral foundations/concealers/blush. I got a huge 3oz jar for $2, and a 20g for $1.15. (excuse my messy soap dispenser in the background!
rofl.gif
I need to replace that crappy thing, always leaks)

They also sent me 2 cute eyeshadow samples! (well they call them Multi Use Mineral Colors).

Oh! and their shipping was insanely fast. I ordered on the 10th and got it today! Hmm, I sound like a commercial sorry
oh.gif
haha. Was just so happy with the package that arrived this morning. Anyway, just wanted to share
smiles.gif
I am definitely going to be getting some more jars from them
cheerleader.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Yeah Baby 'Bukis are cute and good for the under eye area. I can't bring myself to hop on the mineral foundation bandwagon though.

Kelaia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Yeah Baby 'Bukis are cute and good for the under eye area. I can't bring myself to hop on the mineral foundation bandwagon though.

Why not try ordering the free sample kit from EM?
smiles.gif
They will last forever and it's a really good way to see what colours are best for you.

I'm never going back to liquid foundation again...I never did like all that gloop on my face!
ssad.gif

thelilprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaia
smiles.gif
They will last forever and it's a really good way to see what colours are best for you.

I'm never going back to liquid foundation again...I never did like all that gloop on my face!
ssad.gif

what does EM stand for? all i know is BM = bare minerals. tia!

Kelaia

Everyday Minerals
smiles.gif

I went to EM first because I heard that BM irritated a lot of peoples' skin, and my skin reacts easily to things >.<

hunnybun

Quote:
smiles.gif

ssad.gif

so you definitely recommend EM and not the Mad Minerals that you ordered the kabuki from? there's too much stuff to chose from!?!! lol!

Kelaia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnybun
so you definitely recommend EM and not the Mad Minerals that you ordered the kabuki from? there's too much stuff to chose from!?!! lol!

Yes, definitely EM lol. I have never tried MAD minerals...I just bought those 2 brushes and the jars from them because they were such a good price
smiles.gif

I might try MAD minerals someday though...haha....just to see! But for now, I am really happy with EM
smiles.gif

thelove4tequila

How cute is that baby buki!?! I'm gonna have to check that website. Well I bought this baby buki at Sephora about a week ago and it is so cute. They also had purple and blue. But I would say I love my 182 more!!!

P7165483.JPG

hunnybun

Quote:
Yes, definitely EM lol. I have never tried MAD minerals...I just bought those 2 brushes and the jars from them because they were such a good price
smiles.gif

I might try MAD minerals someday though...haha....just to see! But for now, I am really happy with EM
smiles.gif

awesome -- that's the second good rec i've gotten for EM today. ithat means i'm busting out the credit card for some online shopping!!! thanks so much!

Stormy

Is EM shimmery though? I've tried samples of Bare Minerals and they seemed shimmery on me.

I've been looking for a cute baby buki as well! I want that Sephora pink one!

Kelaia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnybun
awesome -- that's the second good rec i've gotten for EM today. ithat means i'm busting out the credit card for some online shopping!!! thanks so much!

You're welcome
smiles.gif
Definitely try out their free sample kit (you just pay S&H)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy
Is EM shimmery though? I've tried samples of Bare Minerals and they seemed shimmery on me.

I've been looking for a cute baby buki as well! I want that Sephora pink one!

I think there are 4 different formulas from EM, Stormy. I use the Matte and Intensive because I don't like the shimmery look that some powders can give. These 2 formulas are not shimmery at all, they just leave my skin looking fresh and natural...letting my own skin "glow" through kinda thing, lol.

And yes, I still want that Sephora baby buki! Sooooo cute.

user79

The first pic, that baby kabuki looks realllly scratchy somehow. The bristles remind me of a broom!

Kelaia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
The first pic, that baby kabuki looks realllly scratchy somehow. The bristles remind me of a broom!

Yeah, it's definitely not as soft as the MAC, lol...but I didn't expect too much for $2
greengrin.gif
I have actually found it more useful for buffing over "hard to reach" areas, like the sides of my nose and my chin, and any blemishes. I must be honest, it does feel a little rough around my eye area...it's such a relief to swipe my 182 over them and go "AHHHHH so soft!"
lol.gif