OMG you call yourself a mac MUA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bextacyaddict

i was at my local mac counter today right, and i asked for a 239 brush. the girl at the counter spent ages looking for it then after like 10 minutes she showed me her brush belt and said "which one is it?"
i was like omg
if you work at mac, you should know which brush is which!

claralikesguts

when i asked for the 226 last week, the mua started looking at the beakers with all the perm brushes in them, then said 'oh that just came out right?'
i was like
oh.gif

abbyquack

Was she new? There was one ma once who couldn't find a brush because she was brand spanking new (and most likely not as mac obsessed as us, lol). After a few weeks though she seemed to know what she was doing.

BunnyBunnyBunny

I can understand forgetting which brushes released as LE with collections are which, but the 187 and 239 really should be instantly recognizable to any MAC artist. Come on!

VintageAqua

I worked at a counter with a few girls who were there years before me and one of them would forget brush names all the time.

amyzon

Ugh. This has happened to me a few times, but it was actually when I was asking for a specific eyeshadow or lipstick from the perm line that I wanted to try out, and this specific person would make a strange face and go, "Huh? What's it called? I don't know." And have to get another artist to locate the product for them. (And NO this artist was NOT a new person! lol) I know that we on Specktra might be addicts but please, peeps, if you're selling it, know your product!

mdjmsj

Wow-I can understand forgetting if it was an LE brush, but when it comes to perm brushes, any MAC MUA really should be famaliar with what they are using/selling!

malaviKat

I've found that this sort of thing happens on occasion with many of the MAC MUAs I know... Sometimes it happens with brushes, sometimes with other parts of a collection. (Mind you, it usually happens with LE collections or stuff that is brand new to the permanent line. It has rarely happened with such a staple as the 239!) To me, it's kind of funny, but I've worked in retail so I can sympathize. It's hard to remember every little detail, especially if new products come out in quick succession. I chalk it up to the MA being human (and not having the same amount of time to play on Specktra that I do!) :p

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
I've found that this sort of thing happens on occasion with many of the MAC MUAs I know... Sometimes it happens with brushes, sometimes with other parts of a collection. (Mind you, it usually happens with LE collections or stuff that is brand new to the permanent line. It has rarely happened with such a staple as the 239!) To me, it's kind of funny, but I've worked in retail so I can sympathize. It's hard to remember every little detail, especially if new products come out in quick succession. I chalk it up to the MA being human (and not having the same amount of time to play on Specktra that I do!) :p

So true! I mean there are 100s and 100s of MAC products with different names. I know all the popular products' names, but there are a lot of l/s, pencils, etc that I might not know right off the bat. As for the 239, I definitely think any MA should know that brush- it's one of the most popular ones!- but as for knowing the entire MAC catalog by heart, that's a big task.

II3rinII

she could have been a freelancer, we have had 4 freelancers in the past 2 weeks because we are shrtstaffed and freelancers dont get 'real" mac training. so there were several times one would have to ask one of us to help her find something like a product or brush. also sometimes its hard to remember every single thing, im a very visual person, im bad at remembering names, so yeah i may stare blankly when someone ask me about a lipstick from 2 yrs ago, it doesnt mean i dont know what im doing, if you showed it to me though i would say "oh yeah, it was limited". our old trainer was bad at remembering brush numbers too, she would call them by large shader, small shader, angled brush because she would always forget the numbers. some people especially mac artist are very visual, so names and numbers get lost in confusion and thats why we may ask you to "show us". keep in mind everyone is different in how the remember and recogonize.

LMD84

i asked for the 182 brush in the london pro store and it took the mua a minute to re-call what one it was. it doesn't really bother me though. i have days where i'll forget something really obvious about a sony product (like no knowing where the memory stick slot is on a camcorder) - minds go blank occasionally.
th_dunno.gif

MAC_Whore

No one is perfect. Every one of us makes mistakes.

Just because someone couldn't locate a brush, doesn't make them less of a makeup artist. It may mean they need more training, but it isn't a commentary on what kind of artist they are.

MissResha

blame it on the e e e e economy!

folks need jobs so bad they're hiring just about anyone these days LOL

(im just being an ass)

mel0622

lmao
th_LMAO.gif
at least do some research if you are trying to sell a product!! estheticians have to study twice as hard to sell their product. ingredients and what they will do if anything.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by II3rinII
she could have been a freelancer, we have had 4 freelancers in the past 2 weeks because we are shrtstaffed and freelancers dont get 'real" mac training. so there were several times one would have to ask one of us to help her find something like a product or brush. also sometimes its hard to remember every single thing, im a very visual person, im bad at remembering names, so yeah i may stare blankly when someone ask me about a lipstick from 2 yrs ago, it doesnt mean i dont know what im doing, if you showed it to me though i would say "oh yeah, it was limited". our old trainer was bad at remembering brush numbers too, she would call them by large shader, small shader, angled brush because she would always forget the numbers. some people especially mac artist are very visual, so names and numbers get lost in confusion and thats why we may ask you to "show us". keep in mind everyone is different in how the remember and recogonize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
No one is perfect. Every one of us makes mistakes.

Just because someone couldn't locate a brush, doesn't make them less of a makeup artist. It may mean they need more training, but it isn't a commentary on what kind of artist they are.

I think the above two quotes should really be considered. I am going to close this thread as I don't want to promote MA bashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts