OMGoddess! I need this dress!!

lizardprincesa

I am completely smitten! Given my obsession with the 1920's,
I need this dress!!!! If I try to win it, it will be an absolute certainty
I cannot afford any
cosmetics for a long time.

Opinions are welcome,
even if 1920's dresses are not your cup of coffee/tea/wine/beer etc.
winks.gif

loveCherylFaithxx

vintage antique 1920's Flapper pale pink BEADED DRESS - eBay (item 200243091213 end time Aug-06-08 18:05:33 PDT)

edit: Here you see my very materialistic side.

Corvs Queen

I think that it looks tattered beyond repair. But good thing is, you could most like have a seamstress make a dress just like that for the same price that that dress with most likely go for. If I could I would hand bead it for you because I just love to hand bead. I hand embroidered my own wedding dress. It was simple but totally me. I love the pale pink color of this dress and I could so see you rockin' it. Best of luck on whatever you decide to do.
smiles.gif

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvs Queen
I think that it looks tattered beyond repair.

It appears so, but I imagine a good seamstress could repair it so that it's wearable. Even having it to look at, an expensive luxury, would make me smile, as I'm a weirdo. I'd love to hang antique clothing all over the walls & surfaces, just so I can admire them & feel their vibes.
smiles.gif

I actually did this for about 9 months when I was between marriages; I decorated my little closet (efficiency apt.) with clothing.
I had nothing so Antique, though.

I have also been known to re-construct the odd item. I even sold a couple of re-models.
smiles.gif
I doubt very much I could repair this one. Sometimes, I don't even find time to eat until the Night. AND....I am not very talented.... but my grandmother is. Her sewing machine perished in the fire that burned her house (the house in which I grew up, but we lived downstairs) last year; fortunately my grandmother, upstairs, was fine, & my parents, downstairs, also escaped unscathed, but so much was lost.

My grandmother will be 96 in a few Days. I bet she's bought a new machine online, & maybe I can win the dress & see what she thinks. She tried to teach me to use her machine so many times, while I was growing up, but I never had the patience. The items I've worked on, I did by hand, & I'm afraid they weren't very professional.
Quote:
But good thing is, you could most like have a seamstress make a dress just like that for the same price that that dress with most likely go for.

Absolutely. In fact, I have a gauzey hippy dress from India, which resembles this dress very much! (It cost quite a bit less than this Beauty will go for.)
My dress used to be a light purple, but now it's closer to the colour of this dress (the 20's dress) , as my hubby decided to handwash it for me in HOT water, after my son threw up all over it. (I love him with all my Heart & Soul; I wish I could take back my angry words, when I realized he'd faded it...but I know he understands.)

A new dress will not be from the 20's tho.

Quote:
If I could I would hand bead it for you because I just love to hand bead.

Oooh! I'd LOVE that!!!! Maybe you could...hmmm...

I think the dress will go for too much $, way more than I can afford. The last one I saw like this, equally as tattered, if not more, went for about $72.00 !
Quote:
I hand embroidered my own wedding dress. It was simple but totally me.

I would love to see a photo. How wonderful!!! You gave me chills (the good kind, like when you hear something soo touching & lovely...)
smiles.gif

You must be so talented!

Quote:
I love the pale pink color of this dress and I could so see you rockin' it.

You are truly sweet! I think it's more of a light (faded) lavender? Then again, I think my monitor is off for colour. Pink would be lovely too...

Quote:
Best of luck on whatever you decide to do.
smiles.gif

Thank you! xxx I will be back to you about the beading, on the odd chance I win it. I doubt it, though.

xxxCherylFaith

GlossyAbby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvs Queen
I think that it looks tattered beyond repair. But good thing is, you could most like have a seamstress make a dress just like that for the same price that that dress with most likely go for. If I could I would hand bead it for you because I just love to hand bead. I hand embroidered my own wedding dress. It was simple but totally me. I love the pale pink color of this dress and I could so see you rockin' it. Best of luck on whatever you decide to do.
smiles.gif

what talent! I would love to see a pic of your hand embroidered dress!

lizardprincesa

Just over 2 hours to go...my dress...
ssad.gif
I still wish I could own it...

I hate the way eekBay tries to cajole a person into bidding again.
(I think: "1 or 2 items from Cult of Cherry, or Dress???
Sell my BNIB Delineate Fluidline (2nd back-up)?" hmmm
winks.gif

I keep reminding myself this is a "luxury problem."

Yes, a tattered old dress, I know....but a piece of History, nonetheless.

If I had no money worries, I'd bid as far as it goes, & it could go for quite a bit of $...people (like myself, for instance) go crazy for some items, even tho others don't understand. I think that's what makes us Unique, & our individual Uniqueness makes a World!

If anybody's in the market for a beautiful restoration piece out of the 1920's, check it out!

xxxxCherylFaithxxxx

vintage antique 1920's Flapper pale pink BEADED DRESS - eBay (item 200243091213 end time Aug-06-08 18:05:33 PDT)

MACGIRL68

Its a beautiful dress and dosent seem that damaged to me, I think its just the style, so did you win it?

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
It is beautiful!!

Thank you, sweetHeart Hilly. xxxx I'm always happy, just seeing your name makes me smile!
smiles.gif

Quote:
MACGIRL68 Its a beautiful dress and dosent seem that damaged to me, I think its just the style, so did you win it?

& Thank you MACGIRL68. You're a doll.xxxx
smiles.gif

sigh...It didn't go for as much as i thought it would, not even close! It went for about $28.00 before shipping. I kept trying not to bid, as I can really spend only on a limited basis right now, so I made the decision *not* to keep trying...A few moments before it would end, my hubby asked, did you bid again? He said he could tell I loved it, & he wanted me to get it. I even offered to sell my m/u, but he said not to worry...I went to the page, & it had 7 seconds to go! I did try then; alas, the dress is not mine, so I guess it wasn't meant to be. That's ok, tho. I'm sure the future will hold plenty of possibilities for more vintagey fun.
winks.gif

*~*Thank You*~*

love & peace, CherylFaith xxx

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardprincesa
He said he could tell I loved it, & he wanted me to get it. I even offered to sell my m/u, but he said not to worry...I went to the page, & it had 7 seconds to go! I did try then; alas, the dress is not mine, so I guess it wasn't meant to be. That's ok, tho. I'm sure the future will hold plenty of possibilities for more vintagey fun.
winks.gif

I'm sorry you didn't get it ... but its those little things that let us know how much our men love us. You are a lucky lady to have such a caring husband... To know that even when you are having money flow problems that he would sacrifice so that you could have something that you liked so. =)

You're wedding pictures are so beautiful and you are a truly lovely lady, I'm sure you will find a dress that is better suited for a better price, I'm the type of person that likes to believe that when things work out like that ( 7 seconds to go .. blah blah) that it's for the best .... So I hope a better deal finds it's way to you soon =)

lizardprincesa

SkylarV217, your words below are so sweet I am too embarrassed to quote you. I just want to say thank you. You are extremely lovely. I can only hope to be as pure-Hearted and compassionate as you.

My son is tantrumming because his Dad went back to work Today after 2 Days off. I better go.

BUT....later, I *will* be looking at that dress you've linked.

HeartVibes & Hugs, Cheryl Faithxx

lizardprincesa

Oops! I *did* want to reply to you a bit more, SkylarV217
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217
... but its those little things that let us know how much our men love us.

Yes.
smiles.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif

I still don't understand why.

It took me awhile to find my true SoulMate.
By the time we found each other, I had begun to think I wasn't capable of a relationship.

Quote:
You are a lucky lady to have such a caring husband... To know that even when you are having money flow problems that he would sacrifice so that you could have something that you liked so. =)

He is amazing. I don't want him to spoil me so much!

I was married before; it was so different....

Quote:
... I'm the type of person that likes to believe that when things work out like that ...that it's for the best ....

You were talking about the dress I didn't win, but you are so right, in terms of *everything*...well, I mean, I feel the exact same way as you feel.

Quote:
So I hope a better deal finds it's way to you soon =)

You are a *star* xxx I feel Rich, dress or no dress.....But thank you!
smiles.gif

I looked at the exquisite dress above. Do you think the seller would take an arm in exchange?
winks.gif

That dress is an incredibly exquisite piece of Living History/Herstory.
smiles.gif

I'm going to try to watch it just to see how far it goes. (No way I can purchase it.)

I will be on the lookout for another...It will probably be lacy, possibly black,
& most likely, not in the best condition...(price range)...It will come if it's right. Thank you, sweetHeart!

Do you like 20's clothes, too, SkylarV217?

Hugs sent to you xxxCherylFaith

SkylarV217

I love all antiques lol .... When I was 13 my entire room was decorated in them. I had a sleigh bed from my great uncles mother. and quilts that my great grandmother quilted and tons of antique perfume bottles ... I LOVE THEM... There used to be this little Island in Florida that was strictly antique shops called Arcadia my aunt lived right outside of it so when we went to visit
we would spend full days there and i loved it. It was unfortunately demolished in a hurricane i think Bart maybe ... a few years ago.

I am a History major and love the everyday life kind of history ... like the love letters and the stories and the home front activities and such. I love Tangible history ... and often wish I could live in a different era ... My views are much more in line with those of 50 or 60 years ago...

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217
I love all antiques lol .... When I was 13 my entire room was decorated in them. I had a sleigh bed from my great uncles mother. and quilts that my great grandmother quilted and tons of antique perfume bottles ... I LOVE THEM...

smiles.gif
smiles.gif

Quote:
There used to be this little Island in Florida that was strictly antique shops called Arcadia my aunt lived right outside of it so when we went to visit
we would spend full days there and i loved it. It was unfortunately demolished in a hurricane i think Bart maybe ... a few years ago.

Sad.
ssad.gif
Time Travel Time...

Quote:
I am a History major and love the everyday life kind of history ... like the love letters and the stories and the home front activities and such. I love Tangible history ...

I know exactly what you mean, & I feel sooo similarly!
"Tangible History" Is what it's all about for me, too.
I love how you wrote that...

Quote:
and often wish I could live in a different era ... My views are much more in line with those of 50 or 60 years ago...

I know what you mean... I'd love to be able to visit different eras; I don't exactly want to get stuck in one, tho. I can't be assured I'd be with the people I love, altho I imagine they'd be there, as well.
After watching episodes of Doctor Who (ever seen it?)
I have found the Solution: I
need a Tardis.
You can travel in it with me, if you like.

I like to imagine Time is an unending Circular line,
& there is a *way* to move back & forth on it...
I feel frustrated because I can't figure it out...yet
winks.gif

I hope your Day is beautiful!

xxxxCherylFaith

Latest posts