On a foundation mission....

MAC-Addict03

Hello lovely ladies of Specktra. I am currently on a mission to try out a new foundation. Like many people out there, I'm always on the hunt to find the "next best thing" lol, I currently use MUFE Mat Velvet in #60, and Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NC35 (breaks me out from time to time). I'm looking for medium to full coverage but I don't like the caked up look. I've been "itching" to try Mac's Studio tech or Urban Decay's Surreal skin cream to powder foundation. What is your HG foundation or what would you recommend for me to try out. I have normal/oily skin so I don't know what would be a good fit for me. I've heard mixed reviews about foundations so I wanted to get some opinions. Any suggestions or recommendations would be great! Thanks!

choochoo.gif
mac_haul.gif

chynegal

have u tried mac studio moisture tint. i think thats the name if im correct i got a sample of it the 2 days ago because i feel like when i wear foundation my face feels to heavy so right now im in the process of using it and its very light and for me it gives a good coverage

slick

Well, my current HG foundation is Mat Velvet, lol. But before this I was using MAC Studio Sculpt which I still love and use occasionally. Great coverage like Mat Velvet but the finish has got a little sheen to it. Other MAC foundations break me out but this one doesnt
thmbup.gif

KimmyAnn_678

I love Estee Lauder Double Wear and Double Wear Light. The original DW is more medium coverage, while the Light is more light weight but still gives great coverage. Both are oil free and I'm a very oily person and they work wonderfully for me. I'm also liking Lauder's Nutritious right now too, it's a mineral liquid make up... my skin looks wonderful with it on, and it smooths out my pores so well, but it's not oil free and I tend to get a bit shiny with it on after awhile. But in any case, any Lauder counter will give you 10 day supplies of any foundation you want to try, so check it out
smiles.gif

ForgetRegret

If you have any tendency toward oiliness, I would avoid Studio Tech, it's very creamy...it works best for people with normal/dry skin. I actually dislike all of MACs foundations except F&B...but that gives only light coverage. Currently I'm in love with MUFE HD foundation.
heart.gif

MAC-Addict03

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyAnn_678
I love Estee Lauder Double Wear and Double Wear Light. The original DW is more medium coverage, while the Light is more light weight but still gives great coverage. Both are oil free and I'm a very oily person and they work wonderfully for me. I'm also liking Lauder's Nutritious right now too, it's a mineral liquid make up... my skin looks wonderful with it on, and it smooths out my pores so well, but it's not oil free and I tend to get a bit shiny with it on after awhile. But in any case, any Lauder counter will give you 10 day supplies of any foundation you want to try, so check it out
smiles.gif

I think I will try the Double wear! I've heard some good things about it, I think my local CCO carries it and I will be heading up that way this weekend. Thanks!
thmbup.gif

MAC-Addict03

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
If you have any tendency toward oiliness, I would avoid Studio Tech, it's very creamy...it works best for people with normal/dry skin. I actually dislike all of MACs foundations except F&B...but that gives only light coverage. Currently I'm in love with MUFE HD foundation.
heart.gif

I heard that MUFE HD is not good for people with oily skin, is this true because I orginally wanted to try this but once I heard that I didn't want to spend the $40 on something that is not good for oily skin.

nickyc

Laura Mercier Oil Free is very good. Sounds like it's exactly what you're looking for. I have oily skin too so it's difficult. I'm pretty sure it got a ton of reviews on Makeupalley.com too.

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC-Addict03
I heard that MUFE HD is not good for people with oily skin, is this true because I orginally wanted to try this but once I heard that I didn't want to spend the $40 on something that is not good for oily skin.

I've got oily skin too, but it works fine for me. However, I also wear the HD primer underneath and put HD powder over top of the foundation. Depending on HOW oily you are, you can probably just wear a regular oil-minimizing primer, or set with an oil-absorbing powder. If nothing else, you can go to Sephora and get a sample of it...which I'd recommend anyway so you can match your color properly.

makeba

i have normal/oily skin and use MUFE mat velvet and i love love love it since using the sonya kashuk foundation sponge. MUFE HD is wonderful too and doesnt turn my skin orange or oily before the day is over. i still use my HG primer my Korress. i had used mac moisture blend and this was way off the mark for my skin type. i looked like a oil slick before the day ended. i have used studio tech and studio fix powder and i like them both.

Shadowy Lady

My HG is MUFE HD (as you can see in my signature). I like how it lasts on my face for a long time and also for the first time ever, I found a brand that matched my skin tone exactly. My second pick is MAC Studio Sculpt (I wear shade NW25). I think the MUFE HD is waaaay superior though.

Oh and I have combination skin.

MAC-Addict03

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
I've got oily skin too, but it works fine for me. However, I also wear the HD primer underneath and put HD powder over top of the foundation. Depending on HOW oily you are, you can probably just wear a regular oil-minimizing primer, or set with an oil-absorbing powder. If nothing else, you can go to Sephora and get a sample of it...which I'd recommend anyway so you can match your color properly.

I'm very curious to try this so I will be going to Sephora this weekend to get a sample thanks, I'm not extremely oily but I do need to touch up during the day to avoid an oil slick t-zone, thanks for your help!

specktra_rocks.gif

MAC-Addict03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
My HG is MUFE HD (as you can see in my signature). I like how it lasts on my face for a long time and also for the first time ever, I found a brand that matched my skin tone exactly. My second pick is MAC Studio Sculpt (I wear shade NW25). I think the MUFE HD is waaaay superior though.

Oh and I have combination skin.

Shadowylady thanks for your rec I LOVE love your blog lol! I think I will be swinging towards the MUFE HD and give it a try, everyone raves about it, I'm trying to branch out from the Mac foundations so I'm going to test this out! Thanks for your help and thanks ladies for all your help, I've narrowed down my options to the Estee Lauder Doublewear and MUFE HD!

Miss Ava Marie

I feel like I am one of the few people that LOVE Mac's Studio tech.. BUT in all honesty I've been wanting to try MUFE HD since it seems to work great for everyone else
greengrin.gif

MAC-Addict03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Ava Marie
I feel like I am one of the few people that LOVE Mac's Studio tech.. BUT in all honesty I've been wanting to try MUFE HD since it seems to work great for everyone else
greengrin.gif

LOL yes it seems like not alot of people like the studio tech that's why I've been hesitant to try it. Maybe one day I'll just pick it up and try it for myself but I think this time around I'm going to look into the HD! Thanks for your help!

yahoo.gif

Latest posts