One on one interviews

MareMare

I had a group interview with MAC a few weeks ago, and honestly, I thought I was going to ROCK it, 'cuz i was reading lots around the forum and knew what the Q's were and stuff, but I was in for a huge SHOCK!

The girls were so aggressive, I wasn't able to make a PEEP! I felt really crappy afterwards... cuz a lot of the girls there waited 6 months for the call for the interview, and MAC literally called me in 15 mins after handing in my resume... so I felt like I totally blew my chance. Oh, and I already got the call saying I wasn't "selected".

I'm reading around the forums and it seems that a lot of you girls only had to do the one on one interview with the counter manager, then demo, then maybe with the regional manager. I'm wondering if anyone knows how often they do this instead of group interviews? Because honestly, I don't think I could handle another group interview!!!

FacesbyNiki

I'm sorry to hear that hun. Just keep trying.

I guess they do those group interviews because of the number of people that are apply at that time. But also the Christmas season is coming up so I guess they are really trying to hire folks before then too.

shabdebaz

Sorry to hear you didn't get selected. The group interviews are only done for Christmas hiring. Wait a couple of months and then try applying again directly to the counter/store. Hand your resume to the manager. I know a few girls who were hired early springtime/late winter. Don't give up!

MareMare

Thanks, hun!!

I'm really bummed that I wasn't selected, but I realized that timing is everything and I guess I was just not meant to work for only 6 weeks...

I plan on trying again after new years, and hopefully they give me a one on one this time, I totally could not deal with the group thing again. Just thinking about it makes me wanna slap myself upside the head! LOL

MissLynette

When I went to the interview there were several other girls there but the way that they set it up was in the end individual interviews and then the person that was interviewed before you was doing the makeup application behind you, but while your doing that your not concerned with what the others are talking about you dont even hear what's going on. I say just try and try again, if its your passion they'll see that. I told them I was completely obsessed with the product, and name dropped in the interview. Try that babe!! <3 good luck!

MareMare

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLynette
When I went to the interview there were several other girls there but the way that they set it up was in the end individual interviews and then the person that was interviewed before you was doing the makeup application behind you, but while your doing that your not concerned with what the others are talking about you dont even hear what's going on. I say just try and try again, if its your passion they'll see that. I told them I was completely obsessed with the product, and name dropped in the interview. Try that babe!! <3 good luck!

Thanks girlie!!!!

I'm just wondering, what do you mean by "name dropping" lol