Only 1 Blot Powder from Catherine?

lianna

Does anyone know why there's only Medium blot powder on the MAC website? Is it some sort of error? Because the colour stories mentioned 5 blot powders and I naturally assumed that all 5 of them would have the Catherine packaging....but only one is on the site...

Ms. Z

Catherine Deneuve Blot Powder

I did the live chat too early this week because only the Medium was available at the Pro Store last Friday, only the Medium will be available. I was disappointed because this is the item I was most looking forward to in this collection.

Copper_Sparkle

If it helps any, I've always used the Blot in Light and yet the Medium works just fine. I wasn't going to pass up on the awesome case. I even got a compliment on it today from a coworker while freshening up in the ladies room
bigstar.gif

PrettyKitty

It happen sometimes, but infos on Specktra aren't always right. They aren't MAC MA and doesn't work for MAC, so they take the information from MAC staff or others members and sometimes they heard it in the wrong way.

lovejam

I use medium, and I'm pretty light. NW20.

I'm only like, halfway through the blot powder I have now, but DAMN do I ever want the Catherine packaging! I may just have to buy one. Y'know, for when I run out of the blot powder I've already got.
winks.gif

Julia Vanhorn

I just bought an blot powder a few days ago without knowing that they came out with the exact same thing that I needed, MEDIUM. I am really pissed now. I already started using the regular powder, is it too late to exchange it for the Catherine version?

Lolita

blot powder isnt really pigmented at all, it doesnt deposit any color whatsoever, at least on me. im NW20 which is one of the lightest shades in mac foundations, yet i use medium blot powder. I think they probably chose the medium shade because most people can probably pull it off fine without looking ashy.

Sushi_Flower

Blot Powder does impart a little colour which is why they have 5 shades in the permenant Blot Powder. I'm NC43 and anything lighter than medium/dark would leave me looking fake. I think it's rather thoughtless of MAC to only provide Medium Blot Powder in the nice case. I'm not too bothered as i don't really want the case but it's still the principle. What happened to ''All races, all sexes, all ages?''.

Lolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
Blot Powder does impart a little colour which is why they have 5 shades in the permenant Blot Powder. I'm NC43 and anything lighter than medium/dark would leave me looking fake. I think it's rather thoughtless of MAC to only provide Medium Blot Powder in the nice case. I'm not too bothered as i don't really want the case but it's still the principle. What happened to ''All races, all sexes, all ages?''.

hmm, youre right. I had a thought though, they also included select tints in only 2 colors (weird ones at that, wtf is NW23?, and why bother to make an LE shade of foundation?).... im guessing that the foundations and powder they released match Catherines skintone. But, obviously thats a bit silly...

lianna

Oh ok....And yes, I was looking at the MAC webby and wondering with in the world they came up with only 2 LE shades of fdtn LOL.

Ms. Z

CD Blot powder

Take it back. You have 30 days if purchased from a freestanding store and maybe even longer if purchased from a department store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Vanhorn
I just bought an blot powder a few days ago without knowing that they came out with the exact same thing that I needed, MEDIUM. I am really pissed now. I already started using the regular powder, is it too late to exchange it for the Catherine version?

Ms. Z

blot powder

I'm not sure if my Studio Fix is C25/C25 or NC25/NC35 and I use the Med/ Dark blot powder, can I get away with the Medium?

Made a mistake, my Studio Fix is C3.

Insomiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
I'm not sure if my Studio Fix is C25/C25 or NC25/NC35 and I use the Med/ Dark blot powder, can I get away with the Medium?

I'm NC/C35 and I use Medium Dark. Medium is too light for me.

Julia Vanhorn

If you really want the Catherine compact regardless of the shade, there is a way that you can swap a different shade from another compact. I have done this and it works and so easy to do.

Ms. Z

Really, How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Vanhorn
If you really want the Catherine compact regardless of the shade, there is a way that you can swap a different shade from another compact. I have done this and it works and so easy to do.