Oops! Lippie went through the laundry...

styrch

Ok, so I'm not sure if this is a good place to post this but my Rocking Chick lipstick just went through the laundry. Clothing seems fine but tube is a gunky mess on the inside. Unsalvagable.

First, is Rocking Chick worth paying ebay prices for?

Second, if not, is there a good dupe?

I'm so sad... this was one of my only truly "fun" lippies...

ThiicknSeskii

Girl about town is pretty close.
Why don't u scrape the remaining out of the tube and put it in a little container?

styrch

Quote:
Why don't u scrape the remaining out of the tube and put it in a little container?

There's not enough to scrap, I think. I'll try but I think it's pretty much a gonner.

Quote:
check your stores.. they might have it in stock again.

Are stores starting to get restocked? I'd heard rumors but no confirmation.

TRUEFASHIONISTA

I was just inquiring about the Barbie items this morning when I was at one of the stores. (Santa Monica loc.) Anyway, they had a lot of items last week but then when I asked again this morning he said that they (corp) requested for them to send all Barbie items back to corporate. He said that either they will be available via the website or phone OR they are headed to the CCO's!
clap.gif

I am personally hoping for the later.

Don't hold it as gospel; just what a very cute male ma told me in Santa Monica. LOL

styrch

Quote:
Anyway, they had a lot of items last week but then when I asked again this morning he said that they (corp) requested for them to send all Barbie items back to corporate.

Oh thank you for letting me know. I'll have to do some calling. Maybe I can find it. You've given me hope!
cheerleader.gif

TRUEFASHIONISTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by styrch
Oh thank you for letting me know. I'll have to do some calling. Maybe I can find it. You've given me hope!
cheerleader.gif

you are welcome; anytime!
smiles.gif

Katura

Yeah...we sent all of our Barbie stuff back to corporate this past week along witha bunch of other LE collection stuff...For another yummy hot pink-y color I'd try she boom from c-shock. I wore that yesterday at the counter and managed to sell enough of them that we sold out of the color
smiles.gif

MisStarrlight

I agree-Girl About Town (fill in your lips w/ Magenta liner first) is pretty much the same. That's what we gave everyone when we sold out of Rocking Chick (we sold out of it in 2 days & only got 6 on restock so they were gone in 1 day).

If you really really want it, call around to local MAC locations (or smaller/less busy ones around the country) and see if they have any & will ship to you.

MisStarrlight

I just went & looked up the prices on ebay...they ones w/ auctions are not that bad (starting at $14)...and even the BIN ones are only like $25..so again, not too bad.

helenoftroy1

I have a brand new one in a box......... If you are interested........ You can contact me thru Makeupalley.com under name helenoftroy1.

Good Luck.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by styrch
Ok, so I'm not sure if this is a good place to post this but my Rocking Chick lipstick just went through the laundry. Clothing seems fine but tube is a gunky mess on the inside. Unsalvagable.

First, is Rocking Chick worth paying ebay prices for?

Second, if not, is there a good dupe?

I'm so sad... this was one of my only truly "fun" lippies...