Oops, wrong eyeshadow in the bag!

samtaro

Today I went in for my Holiday Haul, and my MA (my fave one too) accidently gave me Zonk Blue instead of Blue Absinthe...I'm not going to return it because I don't want her getting in trouble and I know Mac tosses them, but I was wondering...

For those of you who have both Zonk Blue and Blue Absinthe, which do you like better? Any chance someone could take side by side pics of them in the pot and in swatches? I want to make sure they are different enough before I buy Blue Absinthe.

Thanks!

**edit**

Went back to the counter to get Sensualize and another brush set, and it turns out they didn't even have Blue Absinthe, I guess they never got it in...so it was totally not my MA's fault, I just assumed it was Blue Absinthe because it was in the Ornamentalism case. I'm silly like that sometimes.

caffn8me

It has happened to me quite a few times so now I check what's in my bag before I leave the store. The MA won't get into any trouble at all, it's a common mistake so return it because it's not what you asked for.

samtaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
It has happened to me quite a few times so now I check what's in my bag before I leave the store. The MA won't get into any trouble at all, it's a common mistake so return it because it's not what you asked for.

I'll check the bag from now on. Even if she won't get in trouble, I don't want them to toss it so I'll keep it.

I'd still like to see a comparison though so I might still buy Blue Absinthe.

lindseylouike

Today at MAC when I was looking at the holiday eye palettes, I told the girl I wanted the cool one, and she said, "No, that's the trend." Well, obviously, thanks to Specktra and MUA, I knew what the cool one looked like, and when she took the "cool" eye palette (really the trend) out of the box up at the register, lo and behold, it was the trend. I always check to see exactly what I'm getting.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by samtaro
I'll check the bag from now on. Even if she won't get in trouble, I don't want them to toss it so I'll keep it.

I'd still like to see a comparison though so I might still buy Blue Absinthe.

You could always swap it with someone here or on MUA. That way it definitely doesn't get chucked and you might be able to get something you actually want.

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me

Yup, it's happened to me quite a bit too, so now I check the stuff right at the counter before I pay for it. In fact, most of the MA's will read off what I am getting as they bag it for me. That way, if there is a mistake, it can go right back onto the shelf, and no MAC gets harmed
fluffy.gif

melozburngr

samtaro- which counter do you go to?

Oh and blue absinthe (imo) looks very very very similar to Shimmer moss if you have that.

succubus

I check my bag from now on. They usually read them out as the scan them, but I went home without an eyeshadow once and I had paid for it. I was 2 1/1 hours away when I realized this and I was kinda mad.

Sushi_Flower

The MAC SA who was rude to me once put a blusher in my bag and charged me for it and i didn't realise till end of the day so i went back to tell them, another SA apologised for it and gave me back my money but i'm guessing the guy thought i was there to 'exchange' something again...
I hope the blusher wasn't thrown away, i didn't even open the box!

Star

Who cares if it gets chucked? it's not your fault it's chucked, it's her fault for not paying attention. No way I'd keep something I did not actually ask for or want just to save mac some dough.

samtaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by melozburngr
samtaro- which counter do you go to?

Oh and blue absinthe (imo) looks very very very similar to Shimmer moss if you have that.

You're from Grand Rapids? I go to the Rivertown Crossings Mall. I'm actually going to pop over again to pick up another brush set (the olive..should have gotten it Friday, but I was silly didn't)

I ended up LOVING Zonk Bleu, lol, so I'm keeping it, just have to decide if I want Blue Absinthe.

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star
Who cares if it gets chucked? it's not your fault it's chucked, it's her fault for not paying attention. No way I'd keep something I did not actually ask for or want just to save mac some dough.

cry.gif
icon_eek.gif
weeping.gif
It's not so much who's fault it is, I just can't stand to think of all the poor lonely MAC sitting in a garbage pile somewhere all cold and wet.......

sigwing

Well, today I got one of my series of orders from the MAC site...it contained the teal Treasure set. Which I also got in my box from Nordstrom's yesterday, which even with their screw-up of the description on their website, I thought I had ordered the olive set! Nordstrom had the NE quads backwards, too, so when I ordered one from them I was very careful & ordered what looked like it was the opposite, but I got the one I wanted. This time, though, they showed the pic of the olive Treasure bag with a weird description or something but I thought I studied it carefully....still got the wrong one. I'll have to go order the olive from the MAC site & save this one for a Christmas pressie.

joytheobscure

They've gotten mixed up before when I got the glitter gloss (I'm not sure if thats the right name) but I wanted afterparty and got to the car to open my goodies and had to go switch- the MA was very nice about it. Today they couldn't find the glitter gloss that I wanted.

sigwing

The Nordstrom's thing is that they have "Rich Reserve" as the color choice for the olive bag, and that's actually a lipstick shade from the teal bag. They have "classic Pink" on another one, and I think the teal bag, which is a shade from the olive. I've re-ordered from MAC with the free shipping, and I'll use my extra teal Treasure as a gift.

I'd hate to have to be updating a website like that all the time! But it's why Nordstrom's is great, they have so much available online like that.

heenx0x0

Do they actually throw away makeup that has been opened/used and returned, because I'll take it!