Opal & navy polish recs?*

Tahti

I'm fairly new to the world of nail polish! I would appreciate any suggestion a lot. I'm looking for a good quality navy nail polish, without any shimmer (but not matte) - quite dark, but not dark enough to be mistaken for black.

Also, I see loads of really pretty polishes that are kind of a milky white but with pink/yellow et cetera shimmers in it - can anyone recommend one that looks like of like opals? I'm looking for a colour that's a pale white in most lights, but reflects shades like light pink, and blue (preferably more than one.)

Thank you!

obscuria

I'm not really sure what you mean by having no shimmer, but also not being matte. I kind of feel like the only other option there is glitter.
I have three navy blues that I really like, here's a quick picture of them:
navy003.jpg

Sephora by OPI - opening night ( darkest, but still blue, has blue shimmer)
Sephora by OPI -Blue Grotto (matte coloring, not matte finish)
China Glaze - Blue Paradise (has blue shimmers)

claralikesguts

OPI Russian Navy (not the suede one) sounds exactly like the navy you're looking for
smiles.gif

for the opal shade, China Glaze Afterglow is a nice shimmery pink/white that flashes blue. here's Scrangie's swatch: Scrangie: A polish I really like - China Glaze Afterglow

HTH!

edit-- about Russian Navy, i just googled it and it seems to be kind of shimmery... for some reason i thought it was a creme. sorry!
ssad.gif
there is a Russian Navy matte by OPI which is completely flat w/o shimmer so maybe it'd be worth it to just buy that and put topcoat over it.

Shadowy Lady

For navy I like OPI Russian Navy and ChG Calypso Blue

For opal ones, I have some reflective ones from Misa that i love: Sweet Pleasure (reflects teal/blue) and Candy Girl (reflects pink)

Honey xOo

China Glaze Rainbow is the best opal. I love it so much. It's pearly pale white and it reflects blue, pink, and purple under different lighting.

Latest posts