Operation "Use it up"! All welcome!!

matchachoco

Has anyone come up with any quirky combos by trying to use up multiple products? For example, I layered If It's Pink dazzleglass creme over Ravishing lipstick and got a cute, tropical coral. If it's Pink over Pervette lipstick makes a cool raspberry color that tones down the frostiness of Pervette. Viva Glam VI lg over Pervette on the other hand is just kind of blah, but I do what I gotta do.

tirurit

9/11 - And it's gone! I also finished an Urban Decay Primer Potion and a YSL Concealer!
Hehehehe nice to know you are beautifying the lab XD I hadn't thought about it but they are the perfect size!

Nice to discover this thread, I too have a few things that I am trying to use more and see if I can finish them and rein in my stash. Basically all the lipglosses (do not really wear them), the MES (same), EDES (same), a couple mascaras and a couple foundations. Oh and those cream contouring products that they launched with the BB (what was the name?)

geeko

Finally hit pan on Crystal avalanche eyeshadow after like 4 yrs 0.0
And finished My lightful marine bright essence
Mac cleanse off oil x 4 bottles over the past 1 yr plus
Finishing my MAC light plus studio careblend pressed powder
Finished MAC msf natural in medium
Finished MAC lingering eyebrow pencil x 6 over the past yr

charlotte366

Sorry I have been absent, but I have exciting news to report I finished a nars eyeshadow primer, my charcoal brown eyeshadow my Rouge G lippie and a Dr Jart BB cream, I have also used up another 2 mascaras and sold some bits on ebay. The most exciting thing is I managed to sell my ikea helmer on ebay at the weekend, it never fitted in my bedroom propery and stopped me accessing the drawers of my desk, which I was useing to store my make up but out grew.....the collection now just fits back in the 3 desk drawers with my palette and a few every day bits in some muji acrylic drawers on the desk top! So happy/relieved! Feeling more in control and can see me being in a position to love my collection again by the time 2014 arrives! Planning more clearing out in November and a new selection of items to use up for 2014!

tirurit

Oh! I am addicted to muji! I have four drawers, a display and a thing to keep papers that I use for the palettes and I have been eyeing a storage thing for glasses and earings and jewelry!

I have been using my lipglosses more but damn! It looks like it will take a while!!

matchachoco

Congrats on everyone's progress!! I must look into muji's acrylic storage - didn't make it to their store when I visited NYC this summer. I centrifuged another lipgloss (VG VI) but accidentally left it in too long and a lot of the glitter went to the bottom - oops. But I'm approaching the halfway point. You guys are right - glosses take forever! Here's my progress on Pervette and Ravishing. I'll have to take a picture of my MSFN when I get home - I hit pan on both the shimmer and powder sides!
e15f8508_image.jpeg

matchachoco

FINALLY finished Pervette lipstick! Now I'm working on Courting Lilac lipstick because it's quite old and not aging well. Courting Lilac + VG VI gloss is pretty though! And my VG VI l/g is about 2/3 gone now. Getting there!!! And thanks to charlotte366 and tirurit for suggesting muji! My acrylic 3 drawer box came last night and I can't believe how perfectly my shadows fit!

tirurit

And thanks to charlotte366 and tirurit for suggesting muji! My acrylic 3 drawer box came last night and I can't believe how perfectly my shadows fit!
YAY!

Congrats on your steady work hehe and I am glad that you are happy with your muji acrylic drawer box
pompom.gif

liba

I've managed to finish a few things lately….at last! So I figured I'd join up in this thread too!

Stuff like skin care, perfume and body lotion I go through very regularly because I'm brand loyal, picky and don't usually have many different types of the same thing around at one time. Plus I use all of it religiously. It's the makeup that takes so much longer to go through.
heat.gif

What I've finished up recently:
False Lashes Mascara
Haute 'n Naughty Mascara
Prep & Prime Vibrancy Eye
On the Hunt Superslick eye liner
Fashion Scoop Cremesheen Glass
OPI base and top coats

What I'm getting close to finishing:
Mineralize Foundation (compact) - only about 15% left, with most of the pan showing, but I may ditch it as soon as it's time for the Dec. 26 collections B2M, because it's looking a little gnarly.
Fix+ - 25% left
Studio Careblend Powder - 30% left - about half the pan's showing
Blue Wonder Woman Opulash Mascara - there's very little left, for sure it'll be part of the next B2M

Things I'm at least half through that I'm OK to power through (due to backups, dupes, perm, etc.):
Elude Beauty Powder - pan's just starting to peek through
Wholesome Fluidline - half through
Avenue Fluidline - half through
Marked For Glamour Superslick Liner - more than half through
Rosy Romance Mineralize Lip Balm - half through
Nice & Simple Mineralize Lip Balm - half through
Stay Warm Mineralize Lip Balm - half through (I'm bad about just having most of my tubes of these open and tossed into various makeup bags and purses, so I use many at once)
Purple Wonder Woman Opulash Mascara - much more than half through

Things I'm half through that I should finish but will be sad to see go:
Succulent Lipglass
Geo Pink Cremesheen Glass
Perennial High Style Lipglass
English Accents Lipglass
Spree Lipglass (was rationing it but now I've got Liqueur to replace it)
Cherry Electric Superglass
Fab Frenzy Superglass
Flurry of Fun Lipglass (I'm seriously rationing this one)
Easy Lounger Lipglass (feel better about using it up now that I've got Soft Serenade)

I've got dips in a few blushes and a very few shadows, but I'd be pretty shocked if I ever finish any of them, lol. I don't even care about trying, for now (yeah, bad attitude
angelic.gif
)

I guess my goal will be to have 12 empties ready for B2M for the after Christmas collections (my store has let me B2M for LE lipsticks before - who knows if they'll still do it this time, since it's been a while…my last B2M was for a retro matte, so that was perm).

Most things do make me feel good to get through, at least! I am very good about cycling through all of my makeup, so everything winds up getting used lightly, rather than a few things getting used heavily, for the most part. I'll definitely take some pictures when possible!!

matchachoco

Nice work, liba! I know what you mean about things you dread finishing - I ration all my Hello Kitty products.

MUAddict

I've only been able to hit pan on ONE revlon powder and it seems like it won't budge from that point! I've tried so hard many times on a no buy. That's my goal for next year because all these holiday collections are killing me.

charlotte366

Right ladies, I have selected a few more bits to concentrate on till the end of the year and decided for a plan for next year! Between now and Christmas I want to use up: 1 Lipstick, thinking Chanel Rouge Coco Shine which has under 50% remaining 1 Mascara 1 Face powder, thinking my MSFN approx 50% remaining 1 Foundation, thinking my ELDW approx 50% left My mini mac Mis plus on a beauty blender to apply my foundation 2 concealers, Cargo one base as its small and my ELDW liquid concealer as only 30% remaining Avon Brow Pencil Revlon Black Pencil Liner and Lancome Artliner in Black As for next year.... 1. Lip product no buy....my lip draw is well rounded and I don't think I "need" any more products. I am hoping with a year of no buys I can reduce this draw a little bit! 2. Foundation no buy until April. I currently have too many and although I will never just have one, I could cope with a few less, therefore going to spend the first quarter using up my least favourite and not replacing them! 3. Face powder, I think I may have found my holy grail so would like to use up the other stuff. Eyeshadows and Blushers.....umm I think I may restrict my purchases and have another sale to pass some bits on and then try to keep purchases to must haves only! Its hard with colour products as there is always something new! I may try to be a bit more formula picky and see how that helps! Has anyone else got any plans?

matchachoco

Sounds like a good plan, charlotte366! Good luck using up those products, and keeping your goals for next year! A year lip no buy sounds so tough, but it's a great idea. I may copy you on that one! I need to take a year off of MSFs and Pearlmattes, too. I accumulated too many this year! By the end of this year, I want to have finished 2 more lipglasses, 3 lipsticks, and at least 1 MSF. I did finish a Cover Girl mascara and a tub of Lemony Flutter last week!

ma146rina

I really need that ''no buy lip stuff'' resolution....I would like to try it from January till June at least,but it sounds sooo tough,i really don't know if i can make it
blinks.gif