opinions on moistureblend?

karen

I haven't really played too much with MAC's foundations(besides being matched for colour); and tomorrow I'm travelling to Richmond to spend obscene amounts of money on makeup at MAC and Sephora.

I *was* looking at studio tech, but I keep hearing people talk about it turning orange or breaking them out.
So..... MOISTUREBLEND!
What does everyone think about this?

I have combination(mostly normal) skin that occasionally breaks out due to hormonal fluctuations. For the most part, that hasn't happened in a very long time, though.

What kind of experiences has everyone here has with moistureblend? Or studio tech, for that matter?

luckyme

I bought this about three weeks ago and my skin (which very rarelt breaks out) is all messed up. I think that this foundation made my face look really greasy also.

bluegrassbabe

I personally love Studio Tech, and haven't had any breakout problems with it. I've been using it since it was first released. It wears beautifully, and lasts all day.

Moisture blend is not a good everyday foundation, IMO. It feels very heavy and greasy on the skin, and feels wet when it is first applied.The color turns very yellow on me after a few hours, and it settles into your pores and little lines under the eyes.
I have it but only wear it on days when my skin feels very dry and only need it to last for a short time,

M

I love Studio Tech. Some ppl may breakout from the silicone-which is common. However, it's nearly impossible to find a foundation that doesn't contain it these days. I had given up on ST until I went to a MAC class and saw Gregory use it on the model and I gave it another shot. I don't have the 180 so I just used 190 and then pressed it into my skin with my fingers. It has never changed colors on me or caused me to breakout and I'm really sensitive to silicone.

I also like Moistureblend, but I am super dry. As said above, this does not last a long time even with powder and is very emollient. Unless you are extremely dry you probably won't like it. I also prefer more coverage than this offers. I find it too emollient to build-becasue eventually it will start to wear weird and seperate. So a light app is best IMHO.

KJam

I love it - Moistureblend is the only foundation that works flawlessly for me. No color change, makes me look dewy skinned all day. However, my skin is VERY dry. I think if your skin is not on the dry side, you should find another foundation

absolut_blonde

I have dry, breakout prone skin and I hate Studio Tech. I can't get it to look remotely natural, no matter what I try (foundation brush, sponge, etc). It just sort of sits on top of my skin. It feels very heavy to me, too.

Haven't tried Moistureblend, though I've played around with it at the counter and it doesn't seem as heavy-feeling. I'd like to buy it, but I'm afraid it'll be Studio Tech version 2.0

karen

hmmm... If silicone is why everyone was breaking out from Studio Tech, I might go ahead and try that instead. I've never had problems with silicone on my face before.
Hell, I might grab one of each, just in case(yay tax refunds!). It sounds like the moistureblend isn't quite what I wanted, so I think trying my luck with ST may be the best bet(if I don't try both).

And because I'm about to run out of my normal loose powder(which I love, but I'm trying to convert everything over to MAC to save me time and trouble), does anyone have an opinion on MAC's loose powders? Sometimes I wear it by itself, sometimes with foundation and/or concealer. So, if it's a good versatile powder, please let me know.

Thank you all so much for your help and the information!
smiles.gif

martygreene

Good for dry to normal skin, or combo skin with very few oily patches. Exfoliating prior to use is still suggested, despite the moisturizing aspect of this foundation, it can still accentuate flakiness. Coverage is sheer, yet can be built to a medium coverage. Does not require setting with a powder, although it is suggested. A good winter foundation for those whose skin shifts according to season. Colors run approximately half to a full shade dark.

syren

I have Moistureblend and really like it, but even with regular exfoliation I tend to get flaky skin, and while the color is spot on perfect, and the coverage is the perfect amount (some breakouts, mostly redness and irritation), I just cannot get my skin to look smooth.

aznsmurfy

I LUUUUV this fdnt because it is the perfect color match for me. woot woot! But yeah, the coverage is pretty weak (boo), but it goes on smooth and lasts a while. Not a long while, but eh, long enough. hehe Sad though! I really like it and I have Normal/Combo skin, works aiite for me. ^_^ HTH!

Piaqua

For me, it doesn't cover all that well, and I need blot powder after like 2 hours, or I look all shiny. And I don't have oily skin at all, for some reason it makes me look like my face has an oil slick. I would really recommend setting it with powder no matter what type of skin you have. I imagine this would be good for gals with dryer skin, just not for me...

If you happen to be NC20, send me a private message, and I'll send mine out to you (I have no use for it, and its only been used like 2x, each time with a freshly cleaned foundation brush)

karen

I very much appreciate everyone's input!
I think I'm going to DEFINITELY get the studio tech, and see how it does for my skin. I'm still thinking about grabbing a Moistureblend too, just while I have the extra money.

Piaqua: Thank you so much for the offer; but last time I checked, I think I was an NC25/30. I'm probably going to have to get rematched, though. it's been a long time. That was very generous of you to offer, though. Thank you!

I'm leaving to go to Richmond(to buy everything) in just a little while. Thanks again everyone!
smiles.gif

rouquinne

i got Select Sheer loose powder for xmas and i LOVE it!!!!!

also don't like Moisture Blend and i have "mature" skin!

greengrin.gif

karen

thank you for the powder rave... I'm leaving here in a 1/2 hour(still waiting for someone to meet me at my house, *sigh*).
I'll def be picking that item up
smiles.gif

foreveratorifan

I personally use my moistureblend in winter times, and my Hyperreal for when its less dry.

Moistureblend should be only used on dry skin types...PERHAPS normal ones.

I always suggest my customers seriously think of using a 187 brush with the moistureblend as I have found it does the BEST application (no flakiness) of the foundation and leaves a great finish. I never use sponges, ever.

Latest posts