Opinions on Pro pigment authenticity, please?

rockin

Hi all, and Happy New Year
smiles.gif

I'm on a MAC buying spree again, having bought quite a bit from the official MAC UK website recently. However, I don't seem to be able to get my hands on the Pro pigment Burnt Burgundy. I found this one on ebay, and am unable to tell from the pictures whether it's genuine or not. I wonder if any of you lovely ladies would be able to take a look for me?

MAC eyeshadow pigment NEW, Authentic - Burnt Burgundy on eBay (end time 23-Jan-10 14:35:38 GMT)

I also ASQ'd the seller and requested a picture of the underside of the jar. She was happy to oblige. Here it is Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting I hope that's the right code

I have done a search on here for the seller's name or shop name, but it keeps coming up with unrelated results for some reason

gildedangel

It looks real to me! The fact that they were quite willing to take more pictures to show you is also a good indication that they are selling real MAC.

rockin

Yes, her response made me think it, or at least she, could be genuine. The price and number of items available made me doubt it, though. Seems cheap for a discontinued item, especially here in the UK

banana1234

i'd like to know the answer to this too, cos im contemplating getting one too! she has 10 in stock

gildedangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
Yes, her response made me think it, or at least she, could be genuine. The price and number of items available made me doubt it, though. Seems cheap for a discontinued item, especially here in the UK

I could see that, but 10 quid isn't a hugely low price. She may have gotten them at a CCO since they were a discontinued item, I don't know if you have CCOs in the UK; it is possible that she got them from the US. You could always e-mail her and ask.

rockin

The forum pages are taking ages to load on my computer for some reason. Other sites are loading quickly
th_confused_new.gif

As far as I know, there are no CCOs in the UK, and pigments cost £15 here. Ebay sellers tend to sell discontinued items, especially Pro ones, at inflated prices, too - supply and demand.

The seller is probably in bed now, as it's nearly 1:45am here now, so I might email her tomorrow about where she got the pigments. It looks like
none of her pigments have boxes, either. Would that be normal for a CCO?

angi

This one is fake.

Also, as a matte shouldn't this be 2.5g? (unless it's not a matte, it's not a pigment I own).

There are CCOs in the UK, but the last time I visited one the price of a pigment was 10.50, which would still leave her out of pocket. Even from CCOs the products still come in boxes. If they're from US CCOs they sometimes have an additional mark or sticker on, but in the UK they don't seem to do that.

rockin

Thanks, Angi. I didn't know we had CCOs. I don't have anywhere near me that I can buy MAC over the counter, so all my MAC has to be bought online. I wish there was a Pro store or CCO near me, or even a MAC counter.

gildedangel

Quote:
The forum pages are taking ages to load on my computer for some reason. Other sites are loading quickly
th_confused_new.gif

Specktra is having some problems at the moment; but the wonderful Janice is fixing it; be prepared for some big changes to the site.
thmbup.gif

angi

That's ok. I hope you manage to find a genuine burnt burgundy.

The CCOs in the UK are few and far between. I think there's about 5. It's two hours to my closest one, which is Bicester.

Most of my stuff has to be brought online too as I'm not really near a counter, so I feel your pain!

rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
Specktra is having some problems at the moment; but the wonderful Janice is fixing it; be prepared for some big changes to the site.
thmbup.gif

Thanks for the explanation
smiles.gif
I was thinking it was something on my computer that was slowing it down.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi
This one is fake.

Also, as a matte shouldn't this be 2.5g? (unless it's not a matte, it's not a pigment I own).

There are CCOs in the UK, but the last time I visited one the price of a pigment was 10.50, which would still leave her out of pocket. Even from CCOs the products still come in boxes. If they're from US CCOs they sometimes have an additional mark or sticker on, but in the UK they don't seem to do that.

Hiya i agree with Angi,CCOs in UK (the ones i visited)had all their pigments in boxes.Moreover while im NOT saying that all sellers tell porkies ...they won't obviously admit that they are selling fake Mac!I don't know if you recall my other post but i asked this seller :makeupjunky09,about authenticity of her Mac ...she was adamant that all her mac was genuine and from CCO!MACs 182 Buffer Blush on eBay (end time 23-Jan-10 19:28:45 GMT)
Yeah genuine Buffer brush is about £31 so seller has over 56 for sale at £7.59....
thmbdn.gif

Hmm i thought that it was against ebay policy to sell Mac pigment samples?
Anyway Happy New year guys
party.gif
party.gif

rockin

I wish I knew where these CCOs were, not that I can travel to get to any of them

Just been trawling through ebay to see if anything else on my want list is there (sold by a reputable seller, of course) and came across these - spot the glaring problem with them?

eBay Seller: ppbvth1234: Health Beauty items on eBay.co.uk

eBay Seller: prinnylollipop: Eye Shadow, mac items on eBay.co.uk

Don't know where they got them, but it certainly wasn't from MAC or a CCO!

Also, I tried searching for a seller's name on here, but nothing came up. I'm sure I have seen it on here before, and believe she was said to be a good seller, but I wonder if anyone could confirm that for me? The seller ID is 123julie_green

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
I wish I knew where these CCOs were, not that I can travel to get to any of them

Just been trawling through ebay to see if anything else on my want list is there (sold by a reputable seller, of course) and came across these - spot the glaring problem with them?

eBay Seller: ppbvth1234: Health Beauty items on eBay.co.uk

eBay Seller: prinnylollipop: Eye Shadow, mac items on eBay.co.uk

Don't know where they got them, but it certainly wasn't from MAC or a CCO!

Also, I tried searching for a seller's name on here, but nothing came up. I'm sure I have seen it on here before, and believe she was said to be a good seller, but I wonder if anyone could confirm that for me? The seller ID is 123julie_green

Hiya,dunno where in Kent,you are but there's a CCO in Portsmouth(train station Portsmouth Harbour)the CCO is literally 5 min walk trough a subway and there was quite a few discountinued piggies for sale when i went in november.I was told that their stock changes weekly so it is worth paying a visit.Southern trains do special offers where you can travel for about £6 return
winks.gif

Rockin,have you tried asking eBay seller, and our Spectra member Julie150463?She also has a website:Cocktail Cosmetics, for MAC, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Too Faced, Estee
i cannot recommend her highly enough i bought some makeup of her in the early afternoon and it arrived the next day!
yahoo.gif

ps.the seller makeupjunky09,has bought her "authentic mac pigments" from another seller of fake mac :jpaff247:Item number:280420795331 :34 pigments for £70 and seller:qualitywear888 !All their mac litings are PRIVATE!Which i would avoid like a plaque ...

rockin

I agree, julie150463 is a fab seller - I've bought from her before, and a couple of days ago, too
smiles.gif

I'm in Maidstone, so Portsmouth is just a bit too far to go, unfortunately.